a list or option to play what i did not play yet

hi,

i wish there is a option to list all the song i never play (from my sd music library) , so i can discover what to listen to now.

of at least, an otpion to order/sort all the song by last date of listen, so i can find out which one i never play at all.

best regards

where is the play counter stored ? in a external file/db or in the tag file ? i hope it did not change the file system date, isn't it not ?

i also found i can order the songs list by "time last played" but when a song is never play, it's not in the reversed list .

i tried to check/uncheck the reverse option after selected ""time last played"", but the list is never refresh at all. it always display the previous list (of my previous option before "time last played". so i guess, the 0 song play  create a bug....

Counts and times are saved in PA's internal music database, nothing is written back to physical files.

If you sort the 'All Songs' list By Play Count (Reversed) or By Time Last Played (Reversed) then you will see all of the unplayed songs shown first in the list. That initial zero-played song group will be sub-sorted alphabetically by title, as will the once-played group, twice-played group, etc.

Note that, as stated in the List Options screen, the Play Count and Last Played Time data for a song will NOT be further updated while playing in that list order, as changing the item while it is currently being used for the sorting order could break the playback sequence.

Andre

If you sort the 'All Songs' list By Play Count (Reversed) or By Time Last Played (Reversed) then you will see all of the unplayed songs shown first in the list.

yep, i tried "By Play Count (Reversed) " and it works fine.

but i tried again "By Time Last Played (Reversed)" and it still not worked. my device is android 6.0.1, phone model is D5803 (sony xperia z3 compact).

as my system is french regional date, maybe your sql query to sort/order the song i s based on default date pattern instead on YYYY-MM-DD (french default date pattern is DD-MM-AAAA).
That would explain why the order is wrong in that list (only "By Time Last Played" ).

Edited by amiens80

I assume the last played date is stored internally using a Linux/Unix time/date stamp, so device region settings shouldn't make any difference. @maxmp would be able to confirm though.

When you sort the 'All Songs' Category 'By Time Last Played' (Reversed), what does the first song in that list display when you long-press and choose 'Info/Tags'? It should show:

Played Times            Last Played
0                                     - 

Andre