longpress Volume Rocker control volume, short press switch tracks

Krazie316

When the screen is off, and on the lock screen widget, it would be a dramatic improvement to add a function to longpress volume keys to change the volume (in 1/3 second increments) , and short press to change the track. Also like in PlayerPro, it would be sweet to be able to swich functionality (longpress for track change, short press for volume up=next, down=previous). This is a feature that I love and is a must for when I go jogging. Curently only PlayerPro has it, and have it down PERFECTLY but the audio engine sucks. Would like very much to keep using Poweramp with this **crucial** feature.

I love Poweramp's audio engine over all other players and therefore not having this control makes Poweramp incomplete for me. This seems to be a common issue among Android users that are not running Cyanogen Mod.

That function already exists, it can be enabled in Settings > Misc > Headset > Respond to Headset Buttons (check the box). Even though my headset doesn't have any buttons, that option does enable the Volume Rocker to skip the track forward or backward with a longpress of the Volume Up or Down rocker button when the screen is off.

That works great for me on my EVO 3D running Vin's Sense 3.5 rom (not Cyanogen Mod) and Chad Goodman's latest kernel. :)

That function already exists, it can be enabled in Settings > Misc > Headset > Respond to Headset Buttons (check the box). Even though my headset doesn't have any buttons, that option does enable the Volume Rocker to skip the track forward or backward with a longpress of the Volume Up or Down rocker button when the screen is off.

That works great for me on my EVO 3D running Vin's Sense 3.5 rom (not Cyanogen Mod) and Chad Goodman's latest kernel. :)

Didn't work for me at all, must be something that is built in your phone's ROM. It still only works when enabling the feature on PlayerPro for me but I strongly dislike the way the audio sounds from the player

Archived