Issue with audio

Ben Mui

Hi,

I am having issue with the audio. I thought it was Android auto at first but it isn't.

Basically sometimes when I plug into my car the audio would not play. It happens randomly. I then have to go to my Mazda bt and enable audio (it auto disables and audio comes back).

I searched on the forums and someone said it's due to DVC. Ok so I went to audio>output>aa>no dvc. But it still happens.

I notice when my car decides Poweramp isn't good enough to use audio it would not detect it... As noted in screenshot 

Screenshot_20230331-200259_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.027199b7ffa99113c248d681febc7e0f.jpg

But when I restart Poweramp it detects it again... 

Screenshot_20230331-201049_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.8e4c138fd0b55c7f4a84f2b600b4b8fd.jpg

I just want it to work and play music automatically everytime I plug into my car... Why is it so hard...

@Ben Mui sorry, Poweramp don't and can't control that bt audio switch on your Mazda (or on Android). If Android updated recently on your device (esp. if it was the major update, like 11 -> 12) - I would suggest unpairing the device (car headunit) and pair it again. Thanks!

54 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Ben Mui sorry, Poweramp don't and can't control that bt audio switch on your Mazda (or on Android). If Android updated recently on your device (esp. if it was the major update, like 11 -> 12) - I would suggest unpairing the device (car headunit) and pair it again. Thanks!

Hi, sorry I'm a bit confused? I've been using android 12 for years now. Audio switch happens when I plug into my car. My audio disappears even after I had unplugged the phone. 

Audio is fine on other apps. Ie: Spotify. However Poweramp has issue where audio just disappears until I resolve it using the two methods above.

@Ben Mui this may be related to some functionality in Poweramp, but there is no any direct option, code, or other logic which can do that in Poweramp. The possible functionalities (and solution) are:

• Hi-Res output (switch to default output by using Restore Defaults in Audio Outputs)
  • No DVC for Absolute volume on lower Androids (for you it's disabled already and your Android is recent enough)

On 4/1/2023 at 10:38 AM, maxmp said:

@Ben Mui this may be related to some functionality in Poweramp, but there is no any direct option, code, or other logic which can do that in Poweramp. The possible functionalities (and solution) are:

• Hi-Res output (switch to default output by using Restore Defaults in Audio Outputs)
  • No DVC for Absolute volume on lower Androids (for you it's disabled already and your Android is recent enough)

Unfortunately that did not fix it...

Any other ideas? If not I gotta move on to another audio player which I don't want to do as Poweramp got the best interface.