How do I get Poweramp to stop changing my shuffle settings automatically?(I have video)

svperstar
Go to solution Solved by svperstar,

Hello,

I forgot I registered an account on this forum back in the day.

Anyway a big annoyance for me is when I have Shuffle All turned on and then click the four squares in the lower left and click Recently Added and pick a song it will switch to Shuffle Songs. I am either a Shuffle All or Shuffle Off when I want to listen too a full album kinda guy.

Is there a way to tell Poweramp to never change my shuffle settings?

I used a screen recorder to film what I'm talking about:

PoweAmp changing Shuffle setting ( YouTube video )

'Shuffle All' would not be compatible with shuffling a list which is a subset of the whole library. Shuffle All can only shuffle the whole library - as the word "all" implies.

For a smaller list like Recently Added the mode would need to be changed to shuffling just the songs in that category, otherwise the next track chosen would bounce off to anywhere in the Library again.

Andre

EDIT: I think I figured it out, I just clicked on All Songs and sorted by date modified.

Ok so then my next question is there a way to show ALL songs listed by date/time added, that way I would see all of my songs and would not just be looking at a subset "Recently Added". Can I add a shortcut or something that I can add similar to "Recently Added" ?

I have never tried to customize Poweramp I have always used it out of box since I got on Android in 2011.

You can use List Options in the Recently Added category to view 200, 500, 1000 recent songs, or set it to No Limit.

But if you set it to Everything, and then shuffle Everything, it just becomes a shuffle of your whole library anyway, so perhaps a bit pointless.

Andre

• Solution
5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can use List Options in the Recently Added category to view 200, 500, 1000 recent songs, or set it to No Limit.

But if you set it to Everything, and then shuffle Everything, it just becomes a shuffle of your whole library anyway, so perhaps a bit pointless.

Andre

I figured out my issue. I wanted to be able to see songs/albums I recently added without having my shuffle options change. I figured out if I click on All Songs and sort by date modified it shows the same view as Recently Added without changing shuffle. 

Thank you for your replies. 

Yes, the 'All Songs' Category list, sorted by Date Added to Library (or by filesystem Date Modified if you prefer) is pretty-much the same as using the Recently Added Category and setting it to 'No Limit' - i.e. all songs. The All Songs category's shuffle mode stays as 'All Songs' though (although 'Shuffle Songs' does the same thing whenever the current list contains the whole music library anyway).

Andre