Addition of a online song library

Aryan

Overall I'm using Poweramp from almost a year now, the experience is very good, apart from this I wanted support of online library just like Spotify from which we can play music as downloading music takes a lot of storage especially when u have a lot of song playlist, if u could add it , it would be a very good pleasure using Poweramp.

Whoa now, I would not keep your hopes up..

See Andre's post about frequently requested features, specifically:

- Library access to local sources (e.g. playback of songs from home DLNA or NAS servers, SMB/FTP access, etc).

- Library access to users' cloud sources (e.g. playing your music from Google Drive, Dropbox, or other online locations).

- Access to commercial streaming services (Spotify, iTunes, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, etc). <-- Note: unlikely to happen due to licensing restrictions

The first two ever materializing is plausible, but no clear sign of when.

The last point sounds like what you're asking. As I said, get cozy waiting for that one .

@Fitzian btw some plugins allowing #3 exist for Poweramp, but they are in grey area and not in Play, as well as for #1 (like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wa2c.android.cifsdocumentsprovider&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1 which works fine). Poweramp allows adding non-local files via its Providers API, and that part may be extended in the future by developing either a new edition of Poweramp or a plugin for Poweramp to support cloud sources for #2.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@Fitzian btw some plugins allowing #3 exist for Poweramp, but they are in grey area and not in Play, as well as for #1 (like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wa2c.android.cifsdocumentsprovider&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1 which works fine). Poweramp allows adding non-local files via it's Providers API, and that part may be extended in the future by developing either new edition of Poweramp or plugin for Poweramp to support cloud sources for #2.

Awesome, good to know there's currently options for making #1 work with networked storage and shared folders. I moreso meant that aspect was less likely to be something built vertically into Poweramp's operation rather than with the use of third party tools. (It is a strength of android to have such tools, rather than waiting for every app to be entirely built up in a sandbox).