Poweramp Equalizer auto change presets based on music genre

Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Hi, I was wondering  if Poweramp equalizer can change presets automatically based on the currently playing music's genre? For example if a rock song is playing it would change the equalizer settings to the rock preset and if the next song to play would be a pop song it would automatically change to the pop preset. 

Alternatively, does Poweramp equalizer support intents for changing presets? For example using some sort of automation software, this software could send an intent based on the current song's genre to Poweramp equalizer. From there Poweramp equalizer would change its preset based on the intent. E.g. Poweramp equalizer received the intent to change the preset to a pop song preset and the equalizer changes it's setting to the pop preset.

Thanks in advance. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but after I tick the save button and scroll down all I see is an option to save preset for that specific song or for that specific album and nothing for genre. Alot of random singles (200+ songs) I have are under the same "unknown album" which is a mix of different genres so the preset album would not work for me and specific songs would be too tedious.

Screenshot_20230310-180204.jpg

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Jplayer said:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but after I tick the save button and scroll down all I see is an option to save preset for that specific song or for that specific album and nothing for genre.

You need to be playing the current song via the 'Genre' library category. If you are currently playing via Albums, or Artists, or Folders, those are the category types you will see in the EQ assignment list.

Andre

• 4 months later...

The stand-alone Poweramp Equalizer app (which is where you have posted) can't know the genre of music that is being played by another app.

The main Poweramp Music Player app does know the genre of music it is currently playing (from the embedded tags in the audio file) and you can assign EQ Presets based on any category - such as Genre, Artist, Folder, etc.

I can't really help with exporting Winamp EQ settings though. Unless you can find a way to convert its .EQF format to an AutoEQ style layout (which PA does support) you'll probably need to make the same adjustments manually in PA and then save them to a Preset (which you can assign to a Genre).

Andre

• 3 months later...

Hey Andre,

The Wacup Winamp project uses the same approach as Poweramp, saving by genre using the genre as the name for the EQ presets. Files are saved as .eqf whereas files in Poweramp are saved as .json, would be wonderful to get a equalizer standardized, no? Both best players on their system. I will also post in the WACAUP Winamp forum, lets move those two best players with common heritage closer together, no?