Poner carátula gif con movimiento o png sin fondo a las canciones

jeffry_29

@jeffry_29 Poweramp has very optimized album art handling, when it loads data into hardware buffers directly (on modern Androids). This means we don't have direct access to the pixel data to look into there and check if there are transparent regions in the cover. If we'll do that and look into it, we'll loose all the hardware buffers advantages, such as 4x memory saving, less cpu usage, less battery usage, etc. So trade off here is not on transparent images side.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The image transparency is being respected (as long as the image is still a PNG anyway) but I suspect the grey artwork-sized squares to which you are referring will be the blurred shadow effect that Poweramp places behind cover images. This is presumably to avoid any mostly-white covers from disappearing on a white background for example.  

Andre

@andrewilley justamente por eso quiero poner una imagen png para que no se vea la proporción cuadrada y esa sombra gris que le digo se nota más en fondos blancos. Quizá tengo activada alguna opción de sombra de portadas porque me parece haberme topado algún día con una opción así. Será de buscar esa opción y desactivarla. Bueno entonces a usted le aparece sin esa sombra ¿cierto?

42 minutes ago, jeffry_29 said:

That is precisely why I want to put a png image so that the square proportion is not seen and that gray shadow that I am telling you about is more noticeable on white backgrounds

I see the drop-shadow square behind all cover art thumbnails in Category lists (which is as intended) but oddly on the Player screen the shadow only seems to only occur for JPEG images, not for PNGs.

For example, here's a square JPEG cover which has pure white as its background (note the surrounding shadow) versus the same image as a PNG where the white square is actually fully transparent. You can see the shadow effect around the JPEG, but nothing for the PNG. Which would appear to be what you want?

image.png

image.png

Andre

@andrewilleyese es otro tema no tiene nada que ver y ya descubrí porque tenía ese error con las imágenes png. En la sección carátulas tenía activado 3 opciones que hacen que aparezca esa sombra o mancha transparente. Las opciones son: RGB de 24 bits, enviar carátula en alta resolución y aumentar resolución (experimental). Luego comprobé que si desactivo RGB de 24 bits, esto hace que le ponga un fondo negro al png al igual que el error del menú de descargas de portadas de Poweramp. Y para que la imagen png se vea totalmente transparente como la imagen original, solo tengo que activar RGB de 24 bits y desactivar la opción enviar carátula en alta resolución, la otra opción no importa si está activada o no. Esas opciones si están bien solo que en portadas png había que hacer eso. Bueno solo faltaría solución para poner imagen png a mis radios☹️ quizá puedan hacer que se pueda desde Poweramp.

Screenshot_2023-02-19-14-43-32-868_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-19-14-39-47-956_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-19-14-39-28-528_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Edited by jeffry_29

When you say you want a PNG image for your radios, I assume you mean for use with Streaming Radio URLs? If so, here's something a bit geeky you could try:

1. When playing a radio stream, use the Album Art menu to choose some artwork. It doesn't matter what image at this stage, Poweramp will save it as a JPG file into the selected_aa folder with the same base name as the radio station. Fully close Poweramp.
  2. Use a file explorer app to navigate to the selected_aa cache folder (this FAQ will help you find it) and locate the new file which just been created there. 
  3. Copy your required transparent PNG file into that same folder. You then need to rename your PNG file to the exact same filename that Poweramp had used for its downloaded cover (including the .jpg extender). You'll need to remove the old file of course, but you can copy the text of the name first if you want. 
  4. Re-start Poweramp (and possibly do a rescan). Hopefully it will be tricked into loading the newly faked image when you next navigate to that radio station.

Andre

@andrewilley ya lo hice como dijo y si se puede, gracias. Probé con un gif también por si acaso 😅 pero con el gif si no se puede. Ah también he notado que mientras más portadas png voy poniendo a mis canciones, alguna aparece con la mancha transaparente luego pasado un tiempo se arregla y esa mancha aparece en otra portada. Aprovecho también para pedir, creo que ya lo han pedido bastante, si se podría hacer que se ponga una imagen de nuestra galería como fondo del reproductor. 

Screenshot_2023-02-20-16-01-55-054_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

You are posting in an English-language forum so I could be misunderstanding the Google translation, but when you say " transparent stain" are you referring to the slightly blurred grey drop-shadow background behind cover images , which is there to ensure that (for example) the edges of a mostly-white album cover do not completely disappear against a white background.

I agree that with PNGs, the presence of these shaded outlines does seem a bit intermittent, sometimes they are present and other times not. I don't know why though.

Andre

@andrewilley si la sombra transparente en todo el cuadro pero es por fallo en lectura del png creo, lo que usted dice solo aparece en los bordes en carátulas normales. En un png que lo lee sin fallos no aparece nada de sombra ni en los bordes.

Ah y en la lista de canciones si se ve siempre esa sombra transparente en los png, pero ahí normal si se ve bien.

IMG_20230220_183117.jpg

18 minutes ago, jeffry_29 said:

@andrewilleyYes, the shadow is transparent throughout the frame, but it is due to a failure to read the png,

It's nothing to do with reading PNGs particularly, as far as I know the blurred grey shadow effect is drawn behind every cover image, sized just a tiny bit bigger than the actual cover itself to make it stand out from the page background. Usually of course most of it would be hidden by the solid cover artwork, so all you'd normally see is a slight blurry effect around the edges. However with a PNG you could see that normally-hidden shadow rectangle anywhere where there is no foreground content (i.e. in transparent areas).

Andre

21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@jeffry_29Lo sé, yo tampoco puedo entender por qué el efecto de sombra a veces está en la pantalla del reproductor y otras veces no, para la misma canción con la misma imagen PNG transparente. Parece realmente aleatorio.

andré

@andrewilley ya descubrí que si es la sombra como dice usted, he aplicado una skin que tiene la opción de ocultar sombra y he comprobado que ya no aparece la sombra en ninguna portada png y en la pantalla de lista de canciones tampoco aparece. Sería bueno que el mismo Poweramp tenga esa opción de desactivar la sombra porque en las skins solo en una nomás trae esa opción.

Screenshot_2023-02-20-19-27-10-878_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

@jeffry_29 Excellent, I did mention yesterday about third-party skins as they tend to have a lot more visual options than the basic skins that are supplied in the core app; that's rather the point of them in fact.

Glad this has sorted your problem out now anyway, and that you also know know a work-around to get specific PNG files applied to songs or radio stations by re-saving the images in the selected_aa cache folder. And of course you can also embed PNG images permanently into audio files too.

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@jeffry_29Excelente, ayer mencioné las máscaras de terceros, ya que tienden a tener muchas más opciones visuales que las máscaras básicas que se proporcionan en la aplicación principal; ese es más bien el punto de ellos de hecho.

Me alegro de que esto haya solucionado su problema ahora de todos modos, y que también conoce una solución para obtener archivos PNG específicos aplicados a canciones o estaciones de radio al volver a guardar las imágenes en la carpeta de caché  selected_aa . Y, por supuesto, también puede incrustar imágenes PNG de forma permanente en archivos de audio.

andré

@andrewilley si muchas gracias aunque como le digo sería bueno que en una nueva actualización habiliten una opción para poder desactivar esa sombra. Porque en las skins solo trae en una. 

No digo que ya no traiga la sombra porque eso si sirve para las portadas jpg si no que una opción para desactivarla y no se vea en portadas png.

@jeffry_29 I suspect this is a bit too esoteric to be included in the main core app - after all how many people have physical CDs or Albums (which is what cover art is meant to represent) that have transparent covers?

I'd guess that 99% of cover art is likely to be JPG, and even the odd few PNG images are not likely to feature transparency. I do agree it's more likely to be needed for streaming radio station logos though, but then that's not the main focus for Poweramp.

Andre

27 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I do agree it's more likely to be needed for streaming radio station logos though, but then that's not the main focus for Poweramp.

And even most of these tend to either use a black or a white background, as almost all players expect to see a flattened jpg or png image without transparency.