double press power button loads Poweramp instead of my camera

thermalrust

is there a hidden setting that triggers Poweramp to open when my power button is double-pressed? normally that makes my phone (pixel 7 pro) load the camera, but if Poweramp is playing music, it starts going to the camera but then goes to the Poweramp home screen instead. If Poweramp is not playing, the camera loads as normal. I can't find a setting to stop this anywhere in Poweramp.

Although I doubt PA is actually causing this, could you grab an error log just after this has happened - use PA Settings=>Get Support=>Send Log=>email to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com. Drop max a direct message to @maxmp to tell him you've sent it, and from what email address. If that doesn't show anything, might need a full Android debug log.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I found a setting in Poweramp that I toggled off and this issue stopped immediately. it is the "Show On Lock Screen" setting in "Lock Screen settings page. Not sure why it overrides the camera double-tap power button shortcut. I don't seem to see any other functionality changes now.

@thermalrust good catch. Poweramp UI is invoked by the lockscreen, which then opens camera, but lockscreen activity has a higher priority. I don't think we can directly detect if camera is started (due to the security), so if no any workaround will be found, I'll add a warning to the option description. Thanks!