App not separating album files into separate tracks when .cue present

SkepticalTiger

Have been using the Pro version on Android 8 for over a year and when I've transferred files (mp3, wav, flac, etc.) into the app in separate folders for each album with its associated .cue file, the app separated each track separately despite the main file itself being one large file. 

I upgraded to a new phone using Android 12 and imported my exported settings (using the apps built in feature) and I can't figure out why it won't do the same on my new phone. I've tried rescanning, changing settings, etc. and can't figure it out. What am I doing wrong? 

On my old Android device using 8:
Version/Changelog
build-939-bundle-play[939004-333c8a71]
Full Version
32 Bit

Poweramp Full Version Unlocker
build-305

On my new Android device using 12:
Version/Changelog
build-945-bundle-play[945004-2d53bbf]
Full Version
64 Bit

Poweramp Full Version Unlocker
build-307

Yes, CUE splitting should still work for you. Worth checking that the 'Parse CUE Files'option is enabled in Settings=>Library=>Scanner.

Are you using Legacy File Access Mode (in Settings=>Misc)? If so, please try turning that off to use Android's suggested Storage Access Framework and rescan (see links below for details of why).

Where are your audio files stored? I would suggest avoiding use any existing system folders (Download, etc) and set up your own master music folder - perhaps "My Music" to keep all your music files and subfolders in. Then assign permission to just that one master folder in Settings=>Library=>Music Folders.

Andre

Hello Andre,

'Parse CUE Files' is enabled

I followed the rest of your troubleshooting and didn't get anywhere until I reinstalled the application with default settings and everything seems to be there now. Thank you for your help :) Playlists didn't port over completely, but that's no biggie compared to figuring out how to get .CUE files to parse properly.