Integrate Poweramp in Windows

pilousmi

I'm not completely sure about this, but isn't WSA a virtualised machine, sandboxed from the main Windows file system? So it can only read and write its own files, local to the Android emulation environment, not the rest of the Windows PC. Files can presumably be copied between the two environments though.

I've not used WSA as yet though, so I could be wrong.

Andre

You can copy files from your Windows file system over to the otherwise fully-sandboxed Android virtual environment. It's done via ADB push/pull commands in a Windows terminal session. But it's not a trivial desktop drag and drop operation as yet.

A Google search might help, e.g. https://allthings.how/how-to-transfer-files-to-wsa-storage-on-windows-11/

Andre

For now you could write a batch file that will call ADB and push a file that you provided as a parameter, but still not an easy process. As you say, future releases of WSA will hopefully make this simpler.

But even if this process does become more streamlined, you will still need to keep two separate copies of each of your audio files - one in your regular Windows directory, and a duplicate copy in the Android subsystem's storage area. You won't just be able to open a regular Windows folder from inside the Android system to access your PC's files.

Andre