Cut off music in the last seconds of queue

Sam Darabi

I think it is related to single-item playback modes, possibly also linked to historical crossfade settings. If you don't allow the Queue to exit properly back to normal playback mode after it has finished (for example by having the 'Single Song' repeat mode enabled, or you have the 'Stay in Queue' option turned on) playback of the final queued item can stop early and exit.

Try using Restore Defaults in PA Settings=>Audio=>'Crossfade, Fade, and Gapless' and see if that makes a difference.

Andre

@Sam Darabi Poweramp (at least as tested in the recent builds) doesn't do that (except from that Chromecast playback with very large buffers where Chromecast may cut earlier).

I guess this behavior may depend on: Poweramp output used (audio track/hi-res/etc.), output buffer settings, track format, end device, Android firmware. I would suggest restoring defaults in your active output used, esp. audio buffer values.

When the track is last in the queue (or list) and no repeat modes are enabled, Poweramp specifically plays zeros (silence) after the track to allow subsequent Android and device audio buffers to be fully played. But if those buffers are longer than reported by system, that silence may be not enough and it may end prematurely, though in matter of milliseconds, not 5 seconds. This can be slightly adjusted via active output Buffer Size / Post-fade setting.

If I let the Queue exit gracefully and revert back to normal playback, the last queued track played fine to its end. It was only when I forced playback to stop after the last queued song that the issue occurred (stopped a few second early). But then I reset the crossfade menu to default, and now I don't see the problem any more.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

If I let the Queue exit gracefully and revert back to normal playback, the last queued track played fine to its end. It was only when I forced playback to stop after the last queued song that the issue occurred (stopped a few second early). But then I reset the crossfade menu to default, and now I don't see the problem any more.

Andre

The bug still persists on, yes if I disable fading everything is normal but I always want fading in my queue, please look at my settings:

(I want to have fading with crossfade but the last track cut off itself early due to this set, hope to see it fixed)

Screenshot_2023-02-05-07-01-33-859_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-05-07-02-27-941_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.jpg

Edited by Sam Darabi