Next beta

Bhaveshpa
Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

The trouble is, every new thing added (including adding audio features) adds complexity to the interface. There are a few areas I'd like to see simplified*, but in general terms the more powerful an app gets, the more options are needed to control that power to every user's satisfaction. That's why some people choose 'power' applications over the basic stuff that's supplied with phones, which is really simple to use as long as you like the way it insists that you work. The Apple philosophy basically. 

In audio quality, the most commonly requested things seem to be output-follows-source-bitrate/frequency, adjustable pitch, and AGC/Compressor features in the main app EQ screen.

* A few things I'd like to see simplified include the Output menu, which I think would be far better listing the output devices first (Speaker, Wired Headset, USB, Bluetooth, etc) and then choose what method should be used for each one via lozenge buttons; the current system evolved over time but could do with overhauling now. I've also hankered for ages for the Repeat button on the player screen to have its descriptive text renamed to be more user-intuitive (how many new users get that "Advance Category" actually means "Play All", or realise that "Repeat Off" more accurately means "Play Current Category").

Andre

On 1/21/2023 at 2:15 PM, andrewilley said:

I've also hankered for ages for the Repeat button on the player screen to have its descriptive text renamed to be more user-intuitive (how many new users get that "Advance Category" actually means "Play All", or realise that "Repeat Off" more accurately means "Play Current Category").

Andre

This would be nice change. I'm using Poweramp for years and still sometimes get confused with these descriptive text...

I've seen you bring this up many times over the last couple of years, but if this simple and easy thing to change has been on waiting for years, and you're moderator, close to maxmp, what hope do we mere mortals have when we've been looking for years for options like smart playlists, a-b repeat, etc... :)

But I guess one day it will be our turn too.

I always say that I am aware that only one person works on the PA. I am grateful for the work done so far, but at least if we would get an answer from @maxmp, can we expect in near future options like smart playlist, a-b repeat, change of the descriptive text on repeat button (andre's post above)?

Thanks