How to NOT display PTT .opus files??

Luca Online
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

In 'recently added' I do not see the songs I download, but only a very long list of opus files (they're whatsapp vocal) that last about less than a minute ... despite having enabled the option 'ignore tracks shorter than 60 seconds' in the library settings. I didn't experience this months ago.

What should I change in the settings?

I am using the pro version of the application.

53 minutes ago, Luca Online said:

In 'recently added' I do not see the songs I download, but only a very long list of opus files (they're whatsapp vocal) that last about less than a minute ... despite having enabled the option 'ignore tracks shorter than 60 seconds' in the library settings. I didn't experience this months ago.

What should I change in the settings?

I am using the pro version of the application.

Can you deselect the folder that these files are stored in from Poweramp Settings>Library>Music Folders to have them ignored permanently?

• Solution

The short-songs filter uses the track duration data that should be embedded within the audio file, do these unwanted tracks show their duration data in the library lists?

But the simplest solution is to make sure your Music Folders list only points to the folder containing your required music files, not to your WhatsApp cache folders.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

@andrewilley 

Among these unwanted tracks there are video tracks (do not show the duration) and audio tracks (do show it). I do not understand why this happens, as both the 'ignore short tracks (less than 60 seconds)' and 'ignore video tracks' options are active.

This is not a "serious" problem because I have organised playlists, but I remember that this used not to happen. I often download a song and in "recent additions" I can't find it because of these hundreds of short files that I don't want!

I would like to remind everyone that I am only and exclusively talking about what I display in 'added recent'.

Music Folders list only points to the folder containing your required music files, not to your WhatsApp cache folders .. do you know in the settings how to do it?

First, please make sure you are using the latest build of PA (build 949) as build 948 had introduced a bug where the 'Ignore Video Tracks' filter was not working correctly.

To set your music folders selection correctly, go to PA Settings=>Library=>Music Folders. Make sure that only the folders in which you are keeping your music are ticked. Subfolders of any ticked folders are enabled automatically unless you turn them off. Avoid ticking any WhatsApp cache folders, or using the whole of a storage location.

Andre

@Luca Online if you feel some track should be hidden but it is not - please share the track with gpmaxmpz@gmail.com for tests. The duration based filter works only if it's possible to read track duration quickly and properly, sometimes this may not be available for the given track, testing required. Thanks!

@andrewilley I went to "settings" - "about us" - "version/change list" = build-945-bundle-play. On the play store it doesn't give me any available updates .. how come? I'm using the pro version.

Great! I managed to delete all the whatsapp audios etc.. following your steps but unfortunately hundreds of .opus files are left (without duration, type, location and that don't work). 

On 1/29/2023 at 11:42 PM, maxmp said:

@Luca Online if you feel some track should be hidden but it is not - please share the track with gpmaxmpz@gmail.com for tests. The duration based filter works only if it's possible to read track duration quickly and properly, sometimes this may not be available for the given track, testing required. Thanks!

Exactly. In fact, .opus tracks are without duration, type, location

1 hour ago, Luca Online said:

@andrewilley I went to "settings" - "about us" - "version/change list" = build-945-bundle-play. On the play store it doesn't give me any available updates .. how come? I'm using the pro version.

Great! I managed to delete all the whatsapp audios etc.. following your steps but unfortunately hundreds of .opus files are left (without duration, type, location and that don't work). 

Stable builds, ie 945 will be available on the playstore.

Beta for 948-950 is here: https://forum.powerampapp.com/files/file/83-Poweramp-build-950-uniapk/

Edited by Fitzian

2 hours ago, Luca Online said:

@andrewilley I managed to delete all the whatsapp audios etc.. following your steps but unfortunately hundreds of .opus files are left (without duration, type, location and that don't work). 

Just make sure you don't select the folder (or folders) which contains your opus files in your Music Folders list (in Settings=>Library). Then PA won't scan them.

Andre