Jump to content

Poweramp build 948-951


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, 有餅 said:

In 163 music and QQ music, most of the lyrics do not have this, so I hope Poweramp can support this format.

Poweramp supports "[mm:ss.nn]" formatted timecodes at the start of a line of lyrics, which in a LRC file (or in embedded SYNCED LYRICS tag) indicates where within playback that line of text should be highlighted.

PA does not currently support more than one timecode per line, but there are plans to handle instances where the same line of text needs to occur several times within a song (e.g. for the chorus) and so timecodes are included for each time it should be used. e.g.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp supports "[mm:ss.nn]" formatted timecodes at the start of a line of lyrics, which in a LRC file (or in embedded SYNCED LYRICS tag) indicates where within playback that line of text should be highlighted.

PA does not currently support more than one timecode per line, but there are plans to handle instances where the same line of text needs to occur several times within a song (e.g. for the chorus) and so timecodes are included for each time it should be used.

With this, the last line of the lyrics will not be skipped.But no this,the last of the lyrics will be skipped.

IMG_20230119_211408.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 有餅 said:

With this, the last line of the lyrics will not be skipped.But no this,the last of the lyrics will be skipped.

There is an already-reported bug that the final line of any synced lyrics list never gets highlighted. This will presumably be fixed in the next build.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Screenshot_2023-01-19-21-34-22-235_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.763e1799bbde4d7f3a5fe3484b2549db.jpg

6 分鐘前,andrewilley 說:

有一個已經報告的錯誤,即任任何同步歌詞列表的最後一行永遠不會突然出現顯示。這個大致會在下一個版本中修復。

安德烈

好的,我覺得這個問題影響到最後的歌詞,只要在歌曲的最後加上這個就可以解決問題。IMG_20230119_211408.thumb.jpg.ece00627735f0bdd91c5f086b549f925.jpg

Edited by 有餅
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Looks fine to me, both for manual scrolling and auto-movement during playback. What is not smooth for you?

I especially like the cute subtle animation when an auto-scroll occurs for a new sung line, and the rest of the lower-down text sort of "catches up" elastically, line-by line.

Andre

I think he means the animation that occurs when tapping the album art in the player UI. It seems like the transition from player UI to list or grid view changed with the update and while it isn't a big deal I still liked the animation better before the update. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Oliver Simon said:

I think he means the animation that occurs when tapping the album art in the player UI. 

You can see exactly what it's doing in more detail by slowly dragging down on the player artwork area. Each individual element (cover art, Title, and Artist/Album line) slides and scales smoothly over to its new location. Also seems fine to me?

However the original comment in this section of the thread referred specifically to something in the Lyrics interface.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, Oliver Simon said:

I think he means the animation that occurs when tapping the album art in the player UI. It seems like the transition from player UI to list or grid view changed with the update and while it isn't a big deal I still liked the animation better before the update.

You can set the lyrics in the setting mode

IMG_20230119_214649.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You can see exactly what it's doing in more detail by slowly dragging down on the player artwork area. Each individual element (cover art, Title, and Artist/Album line) slides and scales smoothly over to its new location. Also seems fine to me?

However the original comment in this section of the thread referred specifically to something in the Lyrics interface.

It may be a small problem. It may be that I prefer to care about it😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to my check the full scan of my huge music library is much slower with this build.

Additionally it seems to work only partially. If I select another directory than my usual music library it works but afterwards the usual full scan with all the subdirectories is failing.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, beat8000 said:

According to my check the full scan of my huge music library is much slower with this build.

Additionally it seems to work only partially. If I select another directory than my usual music library it works but afterwards the usual full scan with all the subdirectories is failing.

metoo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slower scans might be as a result of the extra code checking for embedded lyric tags?

Full Rescan is not something you should be doing often though, so I can't see it being an issue (rescanning happens in the background anyway). 

Missing content is  clearly an issue though - @beat8000 what Android version are you using, and regular file access or Legacy Mode? Legacy will probably be faster, as long as Google allows it to continue to work.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

楼主你好,下个版本可以加个悬浮窗歌词吗?毕竟总不能一直看歌词吧:)

Admin: Google Translation (please post in English in the main forums):

Hello landlord, can you add a floating window lyrics in the next version? After all, you can’t always read the lyrics :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, UFOGO2 said:

can you add a floating window lyrics in the next version?

Are you saying you want the lyrics superimposed independently over the main player view rather than as a separate screen? Or a stand-alone split-screen/window for displaying over other apps without using the main PA interface?

The original discussions about this feature suggested superimposing approx. 3 or 4 lines of synced lyrics over the cover artwork area, is that the sort of thing you are asking for?

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, UFOGO2 said:

楼主你好,下个版本可以加个悬浮窗歌词吗?毕竟总不能一直看歌词吧:)

Admin: Google Translation (please post in English in the main forums):

Hello landlord, can you add a floating window lyrics in the next version? After all, you can’t always read the lyrics :)

Sorry, it was English, but Google was translated into Chinese😂

This is the original text:

Hi sir,could you add a Floating windows lyrics? After all, you can’t watch the lyrics all the time:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Are you saying you want the lyrics superimposed independently over the main player view rather than as a separate screen? Or a stand-alone split-screen/window for displaying over other apps without using the main PA interface?

The original discussions about this feature suggested superimposing approx. 3 or 4 lines of synced lyrics over the cover artwork area, is that the sort of thing you are asking for?

Andre

yes,like this

Screenshot_20230120_185429_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Missing content is  clearly an issue though - @beat8000 what Android version are you using, and regular file access or Legacy Mode? Legacy will probably be faster, as long as Google allows it to continue to work.

Hello Andre

My device Fiio M11 Plus is using the Android Version 10.
I have switched from Legacy Mode to regular file access because it was mentioned in PA that the Legacy Mode will not be supported in future versions. 

It seems that the automatic Full Rescan after a save of all relevant music folders (from only one other selected music directory) does not execute a Full Rescan anymore.
I have to check it further but probably the app only does a Full Rescan with this build if I really click on "Full Rescan"

Edited by beat8000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

So basically you want the Lyrics to also be available as homescreen wallpaper, or at least in widget form?

yes^_^But I hope it is on my main screen in the form of a small component

You must misunderstand,my wallpaper is not a lyrics but a letter. It is of my favorite anime-violet • Ever Garden😂

Edited by UFOGO2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, beat8000 said:

My device Fiio M11 Plus is using the Android Version 10.
I have switched from Legacy Mode to regular file access because it was mentioned in PA that the Legacy Mode will not be supported in future versions. 

It seems that the automatic Full Rescan after a save of all relevant music folders (from only one other selected music directory) does not execute a Full Rescan anymore.
I have to check it further but probably the app only does a Full Rescan with this build if I really click on "Full Rescan"

FiiO's are always tricky to troubleshoot as they are not very standard Android devices, having fairly extensively modified ROMs. But they should still scan audio OK. At least Legacy Mode is unlikely to go away on them any time soon though, as they don't try to keep up with the latest releases from Google. When you remove all audio sources from Music Folders and then re-add, a Full Rescan should occur (at the very least on the new folders, but I think on the whole lot).

I would suggest removing everything from Music Folders (you may need to leave one token empty folder so PA doesn't complain nothing being set) and make sure you then see zero folders/files. Then add your audio source folder(s) back again - if you can put everything into one folder all the better, but that may not be possible if you are using multiple storages. Avoid trying to point to a whole root location, make sure you use specific folder(s) and keep all your music in subfolders there. Note: make sure you backup any playlists and/or things like Ratings first, as otherwise you might lose them.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mandolo72 said:

Can the lyric be made in karaoke mode please? 

And I want the lyric can be displayed on the main screen in one or two lines only please ,,  

By "karaoke mode" (which is not really Poweramp's target market) do you mean that you want the text to be illuminated word-by-word as the lyrics are sung? It's up to Max to decide whether he wants to go down that route, but even if he does you'd need fairly specialist lyrics data or LRC files containing an extact timecode for every single word, such as:

[00:12.86]Outside [00:13.47]is [00:13.77]cloudy [00:14.63]but [00:14.99]I [00:15.34]like [00:15.74]that [00:16.14]better [00:17.05]Better [00:18.80]better [00:19.36]
[00:19.36]Behind [00:19.77]the [00:20.17]wheel [00:20.58]but [00:20.93]still [00:21.33]ain't [00:21.74]on [00:22.09]my [00:22.45]way[00:23.56]
[00:25.48]Some [00:25.84]people [00:26.60]say [00:26.95]they [00:27.35]want [00:27.76]to [00:28.11]live [00:28.47]forever[00:30.33]
[00:32.10]That's [00:32.35]way [00:32.65]too [00:33.01]long [00:33.40]I'll [00:33.82]just [00:34.17]get [00:34.52]through [00:34.93]today[00:36.34]


When you say you want to see the lyrics as a couple of lines on the main screen, do you mean scrolling up line-by-line, perhaps over the cover art area on the player screen? With the previous and forthcoming lines shown above and below the currently sung line, perhaps in slightly smaller text? That does seem to be a good way to display word-by-word content, and it has been mentioned a few times in the original discussions on this topic over the past few years.

Andre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@beat8000 I can't confirm any changes in scanning or rescanning speed between build 945 and 948:
945:
- Scan in 17391ms fast=false committedFiles=9249
948:
- Scan in 17564ms fast=false committedFiles=9291

This is full rescan, initial scan may be slightly longer (like 10%).

If you can confirm different behavior, please be more specific with your device/Android/storage type, number of files, primary format of files. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • maxmp changed the title to Poweramp build 948-951

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...