Poweramp builds 948-957

maxmp

10 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Squeller if possible, send me that track to gpmaxmpz@gmail.com - from the track it will be apparent what should be done with lyrics. 

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=31790.0 here extra timestamps just should be filtered out - will be done too, probably.

Your example is a different case, yes. I'd filter them out, single word highlight probably not required. Will send you a quick ogg file soon. EDIT: sent

@andrewilley Yes I fully agree.

Edited by Squeller

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Squeller  @maxmp I think the example of timecodes occurring for every word should probably be ignored for Poweramp's usage. They are clearly present for karaoke style prompting, where the currently sung word gets indicated perhaps by a bouncing dot or a colour highlight.

Example:

[00:12.86]Outside [00:13.47]is [00:13.77]cloudy [00:14.63]but [00:14.99]I [00:15.34]like [00:15.74]that [00:16.14]better [00:17.05]Better [00:18.80]better [00:19.36]
[00:19.36]Behind [00:19.77]the [00:20.17]wheel [00:20.58]but [00:20.93]still [00:21.33]ain't [00:21.74]on [00:22.09]my [00:22.45]way[00:23.56]
[00:25.48]Some [00:25.84]people [00:26.60]say [00:26.95]they [00:27.35]want [00:27.76]to [00:28.11]live [00:28.47]forever[00:30.33]
[00:32.10]That's [00:32.35]way [00:32.65]too [00:33.01]long [00:33.40]I'll [00:33.82]just [00:34.17]get [00:34.52]through [00:34.93]today[00:36.34]

But unless PA plans to implement that sort of "word-by-word" highlighting, just ignore and remove them and only use instances which occur at the start of a line before any text - still including the discussed multiple prefix entries which are intended to duplicate the whole line elsewhere in the song.

Probably best to validate any redundant square bracket contents first to check they are actually timecodes before removing them, so as not to remove any genuine textual comments inside such brackets.

Andre

11 часов назад, harindu_gayan сказал:

После нового обновления не работает опция игнорирования видеодорожки.

та же проблема, очень раздражает. Просто не работает функция пропуска дорожек из видео

Just installed the latest beta, I love the new synced lyrics feature, it works as expected with only one exception, it always skips the last sentence. Also found a couple of bugs but users already mentioned those. So far so good, I love it. Great job @maxmp!

Edited by Xander71
Fixed typos 🙄

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think Max's suggestion is the most logical anyway, which would be to expand any such multiple-timestamp lines into full text entries of their own with a single timestamp

Correct, most music players don't recognise embedded synced lyrics with multiple time stamps, usually the first one will be showed and all the rest will be ignored by the player. If there's repeated sentences in the song, it should all have their own time stapms and text entries. As everyone can see it in my above post, I don't have any problems with embedded synced lyrics, Poweramp shows it correctly.

Great, as I was expecting Poweramp to support .LRC.

I often add lyrics to the file and upload it to minilyric.  Now I can see the lyrics with the lyrics in sync with the track.

But I'm having trouble with the Liv white skin.  As the picture attached, you can see the play, pause, next, ... buttons in the small build 948.  I've tried tweaking it in app settings and skin settings, but it still doesn't fix it.  Hope the development team or you can help me fix this error.

Hope the lyrics effects can add left and right margins, fading like minilyric software on PC in the future.

Because in response to this bug, I accidentally lost my playlists and photo albums (I didn't back them up)

Thank!

GridArt_20230119_132106972.jpg

我不知道為什麼最後一句歌詞經常不會亮起來。還有亮起來的時間太短了,有時候歌詞才唱一半就不亮了.

I don't know why the last line of the lyrics often doesn't light up.Also, the lighting time is too short, sometimes the lyrics will not light up after singing half of the lyrics.

Screenshot_2023-01-19-15-00-17-621_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.jpg.0d95fe2dacda32bd5d65d3f1bf94697a.jpg

@有餅 That must be a timing issue with the synced lyrics itself, I have not noticed such problem with the lyrics, it always switches to the next sentence on time, although I make my own synced lyrics and not downloading them from other sources. I can confirm that it skips the last sentence on every song.

1 hour ago, 温子泰 said:

Slide down vertically

Scrolling up and down lyrics seems to work fine for me - although there is an already-reported issue that allows you to scroll down beyond the end of the list content. Auto-scrolling of synced lyrics also works fine. Please could you explain in detail exactly what then problem is?

Andre

1 hour ago, 有餅 said:

Also, the lighting time is too short, sometimes the lyrics will not light up after singing half of the lyrics.

There is a timeout if the next line of lyrics doesn't need to appear for a while (so a line does not continue to be highlighted during an instrumental portion). Maybe that time limit should be extended?

Andre

On 1/18/2023 at 12:58 PM, maxmp said:

@giannisgx89 can I try this skin (link)? There are different styles for the default and Alt layouts, so you may be redefining the wrong style (you can make e.g. background temporarily red #f00 to make sure the modified style is actually applied). The attributes are TopRw/TopFf.

You can also enable (in Android developer options) "Show layout bounds" to check if something else (some parent view) is blocking the size change.

Emailed you the skin apk and few other files.

Edited by giannisgx89

21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

There is a timeout if the next line of lyrics doesn't need to appear for a while (so a line does not continue to be highlighted during an instrumental portion). Maybe that time limit should be extended?

Andre

Yup

2 hours ago, Xander71 said:

That must be a timing issue with the synced lyrics itself, I have not noticed such problem with the lyrics, it always switches to the next sentence on time, although I make my own synced lyrics and not downloading them from other sources. I can confirm that it skips the last sentence on every song.

Ok,thanks

2 hours ago, Xander71 said:

I can confirm that it skips the last sentence on every song.

Same here, final line of lyrics never highlights.

Also, from a UI consistency viewpoint, I think the two elements at the bottom of the lyrics screen (the miniplayer/seekbar and the main navbar) should obey the user's chosen preference in Settings=>Library=>Lists=>Static Navbar. I'd prefer for them to be auto-hidden when scrolling down the list, and slide back into view when the user manually scrolls back up the screen (and perhaps also when the last item has been auto-displayed?) in the same way it works in Category lists.

Andre

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I think the two elements at the bottom of the lyrics screen (the miniplayer/seekbar and the main navbar) should obey the user's chosen preference in Settings=>Library=>Lists=>Static Navbar. I'd prefer for them to be auto-hidden when scrolling down the list, and slide back into view when the user manually scrolls back up the screen (and perhaps also when the last item has been auto-displayed?) in the same way it works in Category lists.

I agree, yes it has some minor issues and a couple of bugs that are already meantioned in here, aside from those minor issues it works pretty well. I tried the new synced lyrics feature in a few ways. (.lrc files, embedded synced lyrics) absolutely no problem at all, except the last line. It worth mentioning though with embedded synced lyrics, special tags like "SYNCED_LYRICS" doesn't work. But it's easy to actually embed the synced lyrics into the audio file, just use the standard lyrics tag with time stamps. 

Since a lot of people are asking for lyrics, here's how you can get them. Although, not synchronised. That you'll have to do yourself.

1. I use this plugin for lyrics. You can use any other or just Google for the lyrics. But I use this one as it is light weight and just works. 

2. Then I use this app to synchronise the lyrics with the song. You may also use https://lrcgenerator.com instead of having a separate app installed.

3. Then I use this tag editor to paste / embed the synchronised lyrics (output of step 2) as an ID3 tag with the song. 

Result:

Screenshot_20230119_170149_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.361cd38f9c328417ac0bb1e757147d6d.jpg

42 minutes ago, Chris Sorum said:

With latest update, I can no longer search for missing album covers.  Searching for artist images still works though.

I just checked and have found the same. You can update artwork for a track from within the Player Screen, but if you use the Category-level 'Image' or song-level 'Album Art' menu options, nothing gets displayed.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

上下滚动歌词对我来说似乎工作正常 - 尽管有一个已经报告的问题允许您向下滚动到列表内容的末尾之外。同步歌词的自动滚动也可以正常工作。请你能详细解释一下问题是什么吗?

安德烈

Simply put, the slide animation is not smooth, especially straight down,I'm a Chinese,my English isn't good english😂

17 minutes ago, 温子泰 said:

Simply put, the slide animation is not smooth, especially straight down,I'm a Chinese,my English isn't good english😂

Looks fine to me, both for manual scrolling and auto-movement during playback. What is not smooth for you?

I especially like the cute subtle animation when an auto-scroll occurs for a new sung line, and the rest of the lower-down text sort of "catches up" elastically, line-by line.

Andre