Meta data is not displayed for some album tracks

gregd1000
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Poweramp full version - build 305. Running on Samsung Galaxy A40 Android 11

The meta data for quite a few album tracks are not being displayed, even though the tags are set. Some of the albums are quite popular ( X by Ed Sheeran ). As far as I can see the tags are set as for albums that are displaying the meta data. 

1 hour ago, gregd1000 said:

Poweramp full version - build 305. Running on Samsung Galaxy A40 Android 11

The meta data for quite a few album tracks are not being displayed, even though the tags are set. Some of the albums are quite popular ( X by Ed Sheeran ). As far as I can see the tags are set as for albums that are displaying the meta data. 

Poweramp does not seek metadata. Are you saying your files have the data, but Poweramp is noT showing it? Are these song fileS stored in a library folder that you have granted Poweramp access to?

@gregd1000 Are you saying that songs are being displayed without any Title/Album/Artist/etc information in lists - so you just see a raw filename with its .mp3 or .flac extension, rather than the actual song title?

Does doing a Full Rescan in Settings=>Library resolve this issue? If not, is it always the same songs that display incorrectly? What do you see if you long-press on one of these songs and tap Info/Tags?

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - sorry for the late response and thanks for the replies. The music library was originated on my laptop, the tracks were ripped there and the meta data then sourced. The tracks were then copied down to my mobile. The laptop library  is the master and there is no need for Poweramp to get any of the meta data. Looking at one of the tracks that is coming up with unknown artist and album,  going into Info/Tags, all the meta data is there ( artist, album, track etc ). All these similar tracks are coming up under unknown artist, the album doesn't appear in the album list.

Doing a Full Rescan, is this updating Poweramps own library or will this change the tag data for the tracks?

Thanks Greg

• Solution

Sounds like the last scan(s) did not complete correctly - Poweramp managed to detect the folders and filenames on your storage in the first (quick) pass, but it wasn't able to then open every file to read the embedded tag contents and store all the Title/Album/Artist/etc info in the database.

Try a Full Rescan (in Settings=>Library) to redo that process.

Andre