I think there's a need for new way to install .milk presets

because the directory

Internal Storage > Android > data

where the Poweramp data folder (that contains milk preset folder)

is inaccessible by File Manager

it's empty when I try to open it.

I don't know where to put this, because I know this is an issue with Android, not Poweramp.

APK visualizations are still good.

On 12/29/2022 at 3:41 AM, ihaspei said:

be able to change the folder that contains  .milk presets like playlists folder may solve the problem?

'cause i have an LGQ60 with android 10 and the stock fileanager it's enough to get access to the android folders.

yes, this is not a problem with android 12 and below. I'm suspecting this restriction is already there since A12, but file manager apps found a loophole, and now that loophole is patched in A13. I'm trying various file manager apps now to see if any can actually access the android > data directory.

17 minutes ago, Muhajir Al-Rajul said:

I'm suspecting this restriction is already there since A12, but file manager apps found a loophole, and now that loophole is patched in A13.

Correct. Each time Google releases a new version of Android, they try to further tighten the ropes around their users' hands. :( You can still access these areas remotely via ADB/etc. and there are some other working tricks too: https://www.droidwin.com/how-to-access-android-13-data-and-obb-folder-transfer-files-in-them/

Andre

• 2 months later...

@maxmp To prevent these sort of problems becoming more frequent as Google continues to clamp down on third-party app access to the /Android/data/ hierarchy, might it be a good idea to migrate Poweramp's artwork caches and milk-presets to /Android/media/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ instead? As I understand it, that location is intended to be more generally accessible and ought to eliminate this sort of issue, and it ought to be a quick one-off task to just move the subfolder contents over.

Andre

@andrewilley the presets directory could be settable, but the way SAF works (100-1000x slower vs normal file access), this is not good for the current presets discovery approach. And the direct access only possible in /Android/data/. The folders are accessible for cable connection to computer (File transfer/MTP) and file explorers like Solid Explorer (though not on 13+). I'll try to investigate if Android/media may work for this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

@maxmp Is there any way to add textures to the Poweramp Milkdrop implementation in those folders as well? I only see a "milkdrop_presets". Would be nice to have more control. Unless there is a way I'm not aware of?

It would also be cool if when certain songs are played they would have the option to have a permanently assigned visualization. Is that possible? So for example I want to set the milkdrop preset "ChillFlower BlurFace Ib" on the track "New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix)" so each time this song is played it will switch to that preset automatically. This is assuming I keep visualizations on as the background. Then so on and so forth with other tracks as well if I so choose.

@maxmp ah okay thank you! Do I just drop the images there or do I need a seperate folder?

Also, is there a place I can submit a feature request for Music Assigned Visualizations? If that's even possible however. I like to screen share my songs onto my TV and have it run in the background. It would be cool if each song in a playlist would rotate the visuals per each song I'd have one assigned to.