Shuffle in folder

blackduck888

I have the same problem like a user in 2019.

Hard to understand why this Bug wasn't fixed... 

I'd  like to shuffle songs in ONE specific folder only (eg EDM) but don't want to listen to the next song in a completely different folder (eg ROCK). 

I love Poweramp, been using (and paying for years) but this is something very annoying and should (and I am pretty sure... IMHO) could be fixed with just a few lines of code. 

So please dear développers, please make many people happy. 

Thank you, thank you - HIGHLY APPRECIATED 

🙏🙏🙏

Just make sure you turn off the 'Advance Category' repeat setting, which is the default mode and basically means "Play All Categories". Once Repeat is set to Off (which means "Play One Category") playback will finish at the end of the current category - i.e. at the end of the current shuffled folder in your example.

The Repeat icon is the one to the left of the Shuffle icon, underneath the cover artwork/title info.

image.png

Andre

1 hour ago, blackduck888 said:

Hard to understand why this Bug wasn't fixed... 

I'd  like to shuffle songs in ONE specific folder only (eg EDM) but don't want to listen to the next song in a completely different folder (eg ROCK). 

What bug? This has been a part of Poweramp almost since the first version launched. 

1 hour ago, blackduck888 said:

(and paying for years)

You only pay for Poweramp once.

@andrewilley

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Just make sure you turn off the 'Advance Category' repeat setting, which is the default mode and basically means "Play All Categories". Once Repeat is set to Off (which means "Play One Category") playback will finish at the end of the current category - i.e. at the end of the current shuffled folder in your example.

The Repeat icon is the one to the left of the Shuffle icon, underneath the cover artwork/title info.

image.png

Andre

Ah, the categories are actually folders and not like music categories (sorry, non native English speaker here..)

Wow, how stupid of me never to try the setting....??!! LOLZ

Thank you so much for your help.... Highly appreciated..

Yes, Categories can be a bit confusing. Basically within PA the term means the 'grouping type' to which you have chosen to listen - so that could be a folder, an album, an artist, a composer, a genre, a year, etc. Hence the use of the word Category rather than any one of those individual terms. And 'Advance Category' simply means that at the end of one folder/album/artist/etc, move on to the next.

Andre