Artists for the .WMA playing but not in library

Thrash

Just downloaded the player, and I think it's the best 5 bucks I've ever spent.

I was ecstatic to see that it displays the artist for the .wma song being played. I lost that on my stock EVO with the Froyo upgrade. I was disappointed though to find "Unknown artist" for every song in the library, including ones that had already been played. Somebody please tell me there's a fix--I'm just not going to manually enter the artists for 2900 songs. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the feedback/report.

PowerAMP uses own tag scanner for Folders and for the Main screen.

The library is Android system media library, managed by android system scanner with all its bugs and quirks.

This will change in PowerAMP v2.0 with the new custom Library implementation backed by PowerAMP tag scanner.

• 2 weeks later...

I too was upset by the Froyo wma bug. As such, I am eagerly awaiting the 2.0 upgrade. If we buy now, will we get to upgrade for free?

This app is a godsend, as I work for a radio station and like to keep 2 separate libraries on my device: my own personal music and the music I am reviewing for airplay. I put my own music in the "library" and the music to be reviewed in folders outside the android system. Great work on the app!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you

That means that for all android systems, artists tag for wma files are not correctly handled ? is it a bug that should be raised to android development team ?

Could you please test it an other mobile phone ? I tested it on Xperia mini and it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm the artist tags for .WMA encoded files do not work on an HTC EVO 2.2 Froyo factory player either.

I am hoping for a fix, but will encode in another CODEC (but not MP3, which does show the artists, but is not the best) if that is a work around. I was about to rip my entire 600 plus collection. Glad I ran into the issue arounf rip number 40 or so.

Archived