Exit Button

tourist

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, this is not supported by Android OS/APIs and killing/crashing apps is not recommended by Android core devs due to higher cpu/battery consumption, as Android uses processes to cache app data.

PowerAMP unloads itself in 30 sec of inactivity. If Resume on headset option is enabled, after Player service is unloaded, micro headset support service is started to support the headset. PowerAMP has nothing to do in the background when it's paused.

I think the exit after 30 seconds is a great idea, especially if the API won't support an exit function. But I'm now wondering, how does the Dolphin HD browser terminate itself when you use its exit button, any idea?

Thanks,

-Jerry

Yes, you can see that in Running Applications/services in Android Settings.

If you use "Resume on headset connection", there will be Micro headset support service.

You can disable this as well if you disable "Resume on headset connection" option.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've started using Poweramp for a few weeks now and notice that it does not quit after 30 seconds. I would leave, then an hour later plug in my earbuds for pandora, and Poweramp loads everytime and resume exactly where the song left off , instantly, without load time. All day. Once even overnight, when I woke up and plugged in my headphones. It resumed the same song again! This app is always running 24/7... winamp quits but doesn't support flac though.

Sent from my Android

Hi,

the PowerAMP ability to store last song/position is not related to service life. The position is stored into settings on flash and it will survive even phone reboot until something deletes PowerAMP settings.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Archived