Which Playlists are a Song In?

Slug

Is there any way to view which playlists a song are in (other than scrolling through each individual Playlist to look for it).

i.e I'm playing a song and want to add it to a playlist, but unsure if it already exists in that playlist - can't seem to find an easy way to ascertain this.

What I've been doing is just 'Adding' the song to the relevant playlist and assuming that if it already exists in that playlist it would return an error/warning that

'song already exists' in playlist (or some such) or just maybe ignore the 'Add' request. It seems though that PA happily adds multiple instances of a song to a playlist

and I now have many duplicates.

7 hours ago, Slug said:

Is there any way to view which playlists a song are in (other than scrolling through each individual Playlist to look for it).

It seems though that PA happily adds multiple instances of a song to a playlist and I now have many duplicates.

There's currently no way to see which playlist(s) any given song is included within, although there is a quite long-standing request for that detail element to be included in the Info/Tags screen for songs.

Preventing duplicate items from being added to playlists is already an optional feature though, you can enable it via PA Settings=>Library=>Playlists=>Don't Add Duplicates. However that will only apply when you go to add a new song, it won't remove any existing duplicates that you have already created.

Andre

Thanks for reply Andre - the 'No Duplicates' in playlist setting will be very useful for me.

Showing the Playlists where a song resides in the Info/Tags screen would be a great enhancement - I'll keep my fingers crossed.