Samsung A52s 5G. Volume Keys Long Press doesn't work after upgrade to Android 13

jrmpt

I believe it's an extended feature that was removed by Google in recent Android releases (along with increased volume stepping). It may continue to work on some Android builds, but I assume it's not guaranteed. I'm surprised it worked in 12 but not 13 though, I thought it was 12 that blocked it originally.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 1:41 PM, andrewilley said:

I believe it's an extended feature that was removed by Google in recent Android releases (along with increased volume stepping). It may continue to work on some Android builds, but I assume it's not guaranteed. I'm surprised it worked in 12 but not 13 though, I thought it was 12 that blocked it originally.

Andre

Hi. This functionality isn't dead. Samsung sound assistant app uses long press.

@andrewilley

What specidics do you need? Samsung SoundAssistant provides volume-stepping and allows long press to change tracks.

Alterar volume incremental = volume-stepping, on by default

Controlar músicas com teclas volume = control multimedia with volume keys, off by default. The other shot is the volume key behavior. up/down/, back/forward.

Edit: It seems the Samsung app also relies on the long press. It works so well that I had to deactivate the long press inside PA. Otherwise, it will forward or back two songs for each long press.

Br.

Screenshot_20221220_155837_Sound Assistant.jpg

Screenshot_20221220_155846_Sound Assistant.jpg

Edited by jrmpt