Browse music by Composer

ivanhoe

Hi,

as a fan of classical music, and addicted maintainer of a media collection well tagged, I would definitely love to being able to browse my music by Composer. Is this something available (can't see it though) or planned ?

As a user that just switched from iPhone to android (and still iPod user, which contain a much larger collection than that I can contain in my smartphone), browsing by composer is one of my main habits.

BR

Peppe

That'd be nice, but not exactly what I was talking about. Sometimes I happen to wetant to listen music composed by this classical composer or that other one, be it a major composer (e.g. Beethoven) or much lesser known one (e.g. Crusell). It'd be quite hindering in the user experience if I manually had to create a playlist (be it even a smart playlist based on tags) for every single composer, instead of just browse for them very much the same way I do for Artists or Genre.

That'd be nice, but not exactly what I was talking about. Sometimes I happen to wetant to listen music composed by this classical composer or that other one, be it a major composer (e.g. Beethoven) or much lesser known one (e.g. Crusell). It'd be quite hindering in the user experience if I manually had to create a playlist (be it even a smart playlist based on tags) for every single composer, instead of just browse for them very much the same way I do for Artists or Genre.

You do know what I mean by "smart playlist"?

A "smart playlist" in Poweramp (as Max terms it) is an automatic playlist such as 'Recent added' or 'Most played' which in Poweramp 2.x can already be enabled as a list whilst in the 'Library' screen. So what you do mean (as I understand) is that you want a smart-playlsit for 'Composer' which upon the time of library scan (and with support for extended metadata) would categorically scan+detect the 'Composer' tag of found audio files and store the info in an 'Composer' smart-playlist for which upon entering the smart-playlist can be sorted by Composer's name etc

To be honest, I made a mistake in this: my fault that I didn't see before that Browse by Composer is a feature already available in the current version of Poweramp, it's just disabled by default but can be enabled via config.

I apologize for not having seen it before opening the thread.

Archived