Folder hierarchy view skip showing music folder

foldersorter
Go to solution Solved by andrewilley,

Is there a way to in the folder hierarchy mode to take me directly in to my music folder instead of having to click it each time to see my folders in there like all other music apps does it?

I dont want to begin in / with all folders hidden except the music one i want to begin in /music/.

Thank you.

• Solution

There are two things you can do here.

First, it's best not to select the overall root directory of your storage via the Settings=>Library=>Music Folders selector in the first place. Instead, you should select just the folder or folders that actually contain your music. Any subfolders will automatically be enabled too. It is still possible to choose the root level on older versions of Android, or by using Poweramp's File Access Legacy Mode, but there is no guarantee whether that will continue to work on future builds of Android.

In the meantime, if you don't want to have to change the setting and rescan everything, enable PA Settings=>Library=>Lists=>Folders Hierarchy Immediate Root. That will automatically skip past any levels that only contain one other folder.

One extra option that might be of interest to you. If you always want to go straight to Folders Hierarchy mode rather than seeing the other choices first, go to the top Library view and tap (three-dots-menu)=> List Options. You can then enable or hide any of the Category Views as per your preference. You can also long-press on one specific Category name to set that view as the one you'll first see when you open the Library View.

Andre

Thank you. I had not found that setting before and toggling it on solved it.

But just for clarification i choose the folder called music on the root of my sd card but Poweramp showed the root folder with all other folders than music hidden so I had to click folder hierarchy then music and then i was inside my music folder that i choose.

Thanks again. 

On 11/11/2022 at 4:48 PM, foldersorter said:

Poweramp showed the root folder with all other folders than music hidden

It's just showing you the master folder name that you selected, it's not showing you the root directory itself. Remember you can select several different top-level folders - perhaps one on SD Card and one on internal memory for example - and they would all be listed in that first view. In your case though there's only one master folder, so it makes sense for you to always skip it by using the Folders Hierarchy Immediate Root option [there has to be a better name for that! :)

Andre