Poweramp Can't play the file / 945 bundle

Benxx

PA can't play the files. Before its working. I have no problem if i use the samsung mp3 player. I try a lot, delete datas, install new and so on. What can i do? Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Screenshot_20221104_090351_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20221104_090154_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20221104_085959_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20221104_085857_Poweramp.jpg

Edited by Benxx
Forget something

Is the upgrade to Andoird 13 recent, and did it work before then? Looks like PA has sonsg listed in its library (e.g. Bolero.mp3) that it now can't read from storage - are all the songs in your library affected or only some? Have any folder names been changed? What does the rest of the Library (Artists list, Albums, All Songs, etc) look like, do you see any titles, artist, etc details or just raw filenames? 

Have you tried a Full Rescan in PA Settings=>Library? Might even be worth clearing the library completely by going into PA Settings=>Library=>Music Folders and removing all the folder entries except for a single empty 'dummy folder', allow a rescan to occur so you see zero files and zero folders, and then re-enable access to your correct music folder and allow your music to be scanned in again from scratch. If you have File Access Legacy Mode enabled in PA Settings=>Misc, please try turning if OFF.

Note: On recent versions of Android you must not try to grant access to the root area of your device's storage. Enable instead just a particular folder which can then contain any other music subfolders and song files. 

Andre

Thanks Andre, but its the same problem as before.

Is the upgrade to Andoird 13 recent, and did it work before then? =Is not new

Looks like PA has sonsg listed in its library (e.g. Bolero.mp3) that it now can't read from storage - are all the songs in your library affected or only some? =all songs

Have any folder names been changed? =no

What does the rest of the Library (Artists list, Albums, All Songs, etc) look like, do you see any titles, artist, etc details or just raw filenames? = only raw filenames

Have you tried a Full Rescan in PA Settings=>Library? =yes

Might even be worth clearing the library completely by going into PA Settings=>Library=>Music Folders and removing all the folder entries except for a single empty 'dummy folder', allow a rescan to occur so you see zero files and zero folders, and then re-enable access to your correct music folder and allow your music to be scanned in again from scratch. = i do it, but its the same like before

If you have File Access Legacy Mode enabled in PA Settings=>Misc, please try turning if OFF. = i do it, but its the same like before

Note: On recent versions of Android you must not try to grant access to the root area of your device's storage. Enable instead just a particular folder which can then contain any other music subfolders and song files. = yes, i do

If you long-press on a song filename in (for example) the 'All Songs' list, what if any path details does it show for the song file? And are those details exactly the same as the actual storage paths on your device if you check with a file explorer app?

You have re-granted permissions to access those folders I assume:

Andre

Folder permission is granted via the Music Folders process screens to one folder, not global Android media access.

Next step would be to clear app data and try again, granting access from the Music Folders screens.

Could you post a screenshot of the path info for one of the files?

Andre

1 hour ago, Benxx said:

On 1.November my Phone S22 Ultra is updated to Android 13. I think,that's the problem. 

Earlier you stated the Android 13 update was not new. Yes, that is probably the culprit here if it was working OK before that.

Have you tried what I suggested and cleared Poweramp app data so it starts as if it was a new app? And only then Grant Access Permissions again using PA's Music Folders screen - not just tick a folder, but allow access permission too (as per the FAQ link I sent earlier).

The screenshot you provided in your previous message shows the actual file path in a File Explorer app. Could you also show what path is displayed in Poweramp; long-press on the same song in PA's 'All Songs' Category, and choose Info/Tags.

Andre

Hello Andre, sorry, the phone is fairly new and I thought it was delivered with the A13.  I just realized that with the update.  

I followed your last instructions again and turned on legacy mode.  I thought it had to be off before.  And what happened..... PA works again. Hooray!!!!

Many thanks for your persistent help.  5 stars plus.  👏

Note: It is enough to only activate the LM and not the music folder as well, otherwise the files will be displayed twice, one of which is then always unreadable.  Anyway... thanks again.

Screenshot_20221105_123041_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20221105_121735_Poweramp.jpg

22 hours ago, Benxx said:

I followed your last instructions again and turned on legacy mode.  I thought it had to be off before.  And what happened..... PA works again. Hooray!!!!

So this does confirm that SAF was in fact working after the update to A13. So you must not have given permission to PA to have access to that Music folder as described previously.

It is great that you now have access to your tunes again using Legacy mode. But this has been suggested as a temporary work around and may not be a permanent solution.

23 hours ago, Benxx said:

Note: It is enough to only activate the LM and not the music folder as well, otherwise the files will be displayed twice, one of which is then always unreadable. 

Correct. In Legacy Mode, you can still enable a whole memory area - e.g. internal memory, or whole SD Card if you have one.

However in modern Android storage access (SAF) you must grant access to only the specific folder(s) that the app wants to use (which will automatically include any subfolders) and you cannot use certain reserved system folders, such as 'Download'.  I think you may have missed some of the steps in the SAF permissions process previously.

Using Legacy Mode will work for now, but potentially a future Android update might break it if Google finally decides to fully enforce the use of SAF - which it has threatened to do for several years now, but so far has backed down at the last minute.

Andre

Hello Andre, sorry, the phone is fairly new and I thought it was delivered with the A13.  I just realized that with the update.  

Many thanks for your persistent help.  5 stars plus.  👏

Note: It is enough to only activate the LM and not the music folder as well, otherwise the files will be displayed twice, one of which is then always unreadable.  Anyway... thanks again.

Woke up this Sunday morning to find this exact issue on my Galaxy 22 and A13. I've tried all the recommendations and luckily got to this thread and found that enabling legacy status corrected the issue. What's puzzling me though is how come it worked fine since 24th October when I installed A13 and without legacy access enabled. What changed to all of a sudden block access 

Edited by RaulBG