Hide some tracks in All Songs

No, Poweramp can not hide tracks that are included in the library, but there is a walk-around. 

Create a folder with your flie manager, move all and only those songs you want to hide Poweramp to this folder. 

Go to Poweramp settings, Library, Music Folders, then exclude this folder from your selection. 

Whenever you want to play these files, just go to settings and add the folder again.

Bencherished 

The 'All Songs' list is just that, it shows everything in your Library. Otherwise it wouldn't be called All Songs. :)

What you could do is to create a Playlist containing your whole Library except for the artists or albums that you wish to exclude from general listening. To do that, go into the Artist or Albums Category and Select=>All. Untick any Artists or Albums that you don't want to see, and finally tap +Playlist to create a new list. You can then play the list, either in the added order, Re-sorted, or Shuffled, and you'll only hear the items that you had selected.

Any such playlist would be static rather than dynamic though, meaning that if you later add new music to your collection you'd need to also add it to the playlist for it to show up there.

Andre 

Yes, I thought about the option of creating a separate playlist, but it's not very convenient to update it manually all the time. But I just found another way, I cloned Poweramp and added the folders I needed there. The downside is that you have to make changes to the settings in both apps, but I don't change them that often.

It would be nice if this feature was implemented to be able to hide individual tracks/artists/folders from All Songs (yes, that sounds a bit crazy) because it's sometimes inconvenient to switch many times the tracks that are not relevant to the list, like in my case or podcasts.

3 hours ago, Вася Кавайный said:

Yes, I thought about the option of creating a separate playlist, but it's not very convenient to update it manually all the time. But I just found another way, I cloned Poweramp and added the folders I needed there. The downside is that you have to make changes to the settings in both apps, but I don't change them that often.

It would be nice if this feature was implemented to be able to hide individual tracks/artists/folders from All Songs (yes, that sounds a bit crazy) because it's sometimes inconvenient to switch many times the tracks that are not relevant to the list, like in my case or podcasts.

This sounds like a lot more work than simply updating a playlist to me.

@Вася Кавайный I did wonder whether it was a good idea, it's not something I've ever heard of working before.

There are various ways around this, by using Folders Hierarchy for example, or Playlists - but the 'All Songs' list is (by its very definition) going to include all of the songs in your collection.

Have you thought about using Folders Hierarchy by the way? Put those 400 shorter tracks into one top level folder (you can use further subfolders in you need to) and then rest of your music collection inside another top-level folder. That way everything will still work as before for the Artists, Albums, All Songs, etc categories - but if you want to Shuffle or listen to only one side of your music collection, just use the Folders Hierarchy view to drill down into one master folder or the other so you are only dealing with those contents.

For example I have several grouping folders inside my master 'Audio' folder, containing general Music albums, Film Music, TV Themes, ambient Moods music, Podcasts, Radio shows, etc. Then when I only want to listen to the content from (for example) my Music group, I open that folder and either drill further down to play one specific subfolder, or just tap on the top Shuffle button if I want to hear a random selection of anything from that Music folder. 

Andre

@Вася Кавайный I have given you the solution, but it seems you want something different. 

create a different folder with a file explorer, move those songs you want to hide in Poweramp into this folder, then deselect that folder from Poweramp, whenever you want to play them, simply add that folder. 

Bencherished 

1 hour ago, Bencherished said:

create a different folder with a file explorer, move those songs you want to hide in Poweramp into this folder, then deselect that folder from Poweramp, whenever you want to play them, simply add that folder. 

Not really practical for quick switching though, especially with a lot of songs in the Library which could take many minutes to rescan. And each time you deselect and reselect a new folder structure, you would lose any ratings, play counts, playlist entries, etc. 

Andre

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Not really practical for quick switching though, especially with a lot of songs in the Library which could take many minutes to rescan. And each time you deselect and reselect a new folder structure, you would lose any ratings, play counts, playlist entries, etc. 

Andre

The Folder Hierarchy method is probably the best workaround here for now. At some point having a "Smart" playlist option in Poweramp would be even better, as long as there was some way to identify these "Singles" tracks easily in the metadata that PA uses in the scanned database.