How is Poweramp's support so terrible?

Ben R

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@Ben R See Max's reply above. Your issue is with Google, they seem to have lost your purchase, please take it up with them.

Andre

No, my issue absolutely is with Poweramp. Regardless of who lost my purchase, it's inexcusable for Alex to be providing such poor "support".

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Then we'll agree to disagree; this forum is to help people with app usage issues, I'm not getting into your discussions or otherwise with Alex here. Please take that up with Alex or Max directly.

Andre

As I've explained to you multiple times, I can't. Alex doesn't bother reading emails addressed to him and just responds by throwing a dart at a board, and Max doesn't even OPEN his messages.

1 hour ago, Ben R said:

We're now up to 72 hours without a response to my email - truly incredible support!

I can’t believe this thread is still open. @Ben R if you truly have a Google account and bought the app through the Play store, then that is your avenue for support. Period. That is the whole point of this service and why app developers lose a significant portion of that purchase to Google.

Stop blaming other people for your inability to communicate with them for whatever reasons you’ve come up with. But if you have sent them the same kinds of messages, I’m sure that might just have something to do with it. Grow up.

@andrewilley Do all of the responsible users and supporters on this forum a favour and lock this thread again, permanently.

1 minute ago, beat8000 said:

I have already received the same support answers two or three times from other companies.

In that case I prefer copy and paste instead of slightly different wording because it will be easier for me to recognize that nothing has changed. 

But what do you do beyond that point? We've established that "Alex" is useless, but considering everyone on the Poweramp team (the dev included) is giving me the runaround, I'm really left with very little choice but to re-purchase the upgrade and then file a chargeback with my bank.

@Ben R There's a lot of free music players out there to choose from if you do not want to "re-purchase" Poweramp, look around and download the one you like, that's one thing you can do for example. The second thing you can do is contacting google support as many of us suggested it already. This topic is still a nonsense though, I don't think anyone would believe this nice story you just made up here. Cause a device change, every purchase just "disappeared" on the same google account and you can't show up any proof of purchase. Yeah, because there were no purchases from the beginning to start with. Cook up something better and come back later. You won't get a "free ticket" from here. This is a product, if you want it, you have to buy it like everyone else does. 

7 minutes ago, Xander71 said:

@Ben R There's a lot of free music players out there to choose from if you do not want to "re-purchase" Poweramp, look around and download the one you like, that's one thing you can do for example. The second thing you can do is contacting google support as many of us suggested it already. This topic is still a nonsense though, I don't think anyone would believe this nice story you just made up here. Cause a device change, every purchase just "disappeared" on the same google account and you can't show up any proof of purchase. Yeah, because there were no purchases from the beginning to start with. Cook up something better and come back later. You won't get a "free ticket" from here. This is a product, if you want it, you have to buy it like everyone else does. 

Just shows how much you've bothered trying to read this thread. I'm talking about the EQ app, not the music player. Your reading comprehension is seemingly poor enough to qualify for a job working for Poweramp!

Edited by Ben R

20 minutes ago, Ben R said:

But what do you do beyond that point? We've established that "Alex" is useless, but considering everyone on the Poweramp team (the dev included) is giving me the runaround, I'm really left with very little choice but to re-purchase the upgrade and then file a chargeback with my bank.

I think for  a chargeback you will also need the same proof as for Google and PA. Therefore I assume that it will be only a waste of time.

1 minute ago, beat8000 said:

I think for  a chargeback you will also need the same proof as for Google and PA. Therefore I assume that it will be only a waste of time.

If I repurchase I'll have proof of purchase to file the chargeback with.

13 minutes ago, Ben R said:

If I repurchase I'll have proof of purchase to file the chargeback with.

I have executed chargebacks several times for my credit card.

As far as I know this is a complicate process. The best chance to receive the previously charged money back is with the approval of the dealer. 

Edited by beat8000

@Ben R I'm just too mad seeing you here still and complaining about your lies, couldn't care less about this topic anymore and what you're sayin' Anyway, Poweramp, Poweramp equalizer, both thing is a product, not a free ticket. And I have to agree with @MotleyG in the matter that, I also can't believe that this topic is still open.

Edited by Xander71

6 minutes ago, Xander71 said:

@Ben R I'm just too mad seeing you here still and I complaining about your lies, couldn't care less about this topic anymore and what you're sayin' Anyway, Poweramp, Poweramp equalizer, both thing is a product, not a free ticket. And I have to agree with @MotleyG in the matter that, I also can't believe that this topic is still open.

I don't really care if it gets locked - this thread now shows up near the top of the results if you Google Poweramp's support, so hopefully anyone curious about buying won't run into the same misfortune with their "support" as I did.

Frankly I don't care about whether they resolve it or not, I only came here with the hopes of a) getting an explanation and apology for how Alex has acted, and b) getting the word out there - chargebacks exist, and having looked into it so do cracks for IAPs, so one way or another I'll be getting free access to what I've already paid for.

Edited by Ben R

1) We have not established that "'Alex' is useless", we have merely established that if you send broadly the same question several times, you will probably get the same response. And a form answer is the most likely in the absence of anything further to go on.

2) Poweramp has done nothing wrong as far as I can see, apart from not having the resources to engage in a long-winded circular email discussion, like this thread.

3) Your issue is with GOOGLE who appear to have lost your purchase details, and you haven't kept any of the confirmation emails that they may (or may not) have sent you. Poweramp cannot do anything about that, please flame Google rather than these forums.

4) If you re-purchase, and presumably then correctly receive what you paid for that second time as per Google's contract with you, any attempt to chargeback that perfectly valid transaction could be regarded by Google as fraudulent activity and your account could get suspended. Good luck with that.

5) Please stop flaming other users who are just pointing out much the same as I have outlined above. 

Andre

17 minutes ago, Ben R said:

I don't really care if it gets locked - this thread now shows up near the top of the results if you Google Poweramp's support, so hopefully anyone curious about buying won't run into the same misfortune with their "support" as I did.

Frankly I don't care about whether they resolve it or not - chargebacks exist, and having looked into it so do cracks for IAPs, so one way or another I'll be getting free access to what I've already paid for.

Ok, my bank paid the chargeback amount once without the approval of the credit card company, but this was an exception. ;)

To my opinion your described chargeback would be suboptimal because Google will most probably delete your suscription afterwards.

Edited by beat8000

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

1) We have not established that "'Alex' is useless", we have merely established that if you send broadly the same question several times, you will probably get the same response. And a form answer is the most likely in the absence of anything further to go on.

2) Poweramp has done nothing wrong as far as I can see, apart from not having the resources to engage in a long-winded circular email discussion, like this thread.

3) Your issue is with GOOGLE who appear to have lost your purchase details, and you haven't kept any of the confirmation emails that they may (or may not) have sent you. Poweramp cannot do anything about that, please flame Google rather than these forums.

4) If you re-purchase, and presumably then correctly receive what you paid for that second time as per Google's contract with you, any attempt to chargeback could be regarded by Google as fraudulent activity and your account could get suspended. Good luck with that.

5) Please stop flaming other users who are just pointing out much the same as I have outlined above. 

Andre

To points 1 and 2 - it has nothing to do with any kind of "broadness" related to my question. I've explained to him very clearly what the issue is, and he continues to refuse to read my responses, much less provide a useful reply. But sure, defend your own rather than own up to the problem. He's useless, and I'm starting to think your reading comprehension is just as poor as his. Full stop.

Edited by Ben R

Just now, Ben R said:

To points 1 and 2 - it has nothing to do with my question. I've explained to him very clearly what the issue is, and he continues to refuse to read my responses, much less provide a useful reply.

You have had your reply here, many times over. And to the 10+ DMs you have sent me - including one pushing for a reply within 15 minutes on a Sunday evening when I had dinner guests. But you continue to refuse to accept the response: take it up with Google!

Andre

Just now, andrewilley said:

You have had your reply here, many times over. And to the 10+ DMs you have sent me - including one pushing for a reply within 15 minutes on a Sunday evening when I had dinner guests. But you continue to refuse to accept the response: take it up with Google!

Andre

I'll state for what I think is the sixth time (not that I expect it to be read this time either, because Poweramp staff and reading ability seem to be mutually exclusive) - I contacted them months ago and never received a reply.

Of course, that will be the takeaway!

Not that if you're a big enough baby in the forum for long enough, you'll eventually be met with no one eager to help. No one coming to the rescue for someone that just came to realize that fraud/theft is a better option than remembering to save your purchase receipt.

Just now, Fitzian said:

Of course, that will be the takeaway!

Not that if you're a big enough baby in the forum for long enough, you'll eventually be met with no one eager to help. No one coming to the rescue for someone that just came to realize that fraud/theft is a better option than remembering to save your purchase receipt.

It's neither fraud nor theft if I've already paid for the app.

1 minute ago, Ben R said:

It's neither fraud nor theft if I've already paid for the app.

Which, as you well know is between you and Google to establish. The fact that you have not received a response from them is where you should be addressing your concerns, not here. Currently you have nothing to show you even made a purchase, so there's nothing we have to go on.

Andre