Headphones keep not working

MTK

IDK what's going on, my headphones just stop working and I have to keep deleting data to have them work with the app. The app work without the HP, HP works with other app. This happened 2 times and also awhile back something said the app wasnt safe and app keep asking for permission all the time. For more info my phone restarted itself after that happened ive been experiencing my battery been having a stuck %, my sd card is stuck on writing protected, sim card still disconnecting even before the restart and now headphones not working with Poweramp.

That's a lot of things going on with your phone that shouldn't be. I can't say if any or all of these can be from using Poweramp. You don't mention what device or Android version you have, but given all of these issues have you tried a clean reinstall of your OS and apps? Or is there physical damage that can be causing this?

4 hours ago, MotleyG said:

That's a lot of things going on with your phone that shouldn't be. I can't say if any or all of these can be from using Poweramp. You don't mention what device or Android version you have, but given all of these issues have you tried a clean reinstall of your OS and apps? Or is there physical damage that can be causing this?

All the problems started after my phone randomly restarted, except the sim card disconnection I think that started months before. My phone is a lg v40 on android 10 I think. There's no physical damage to the cards or phone that I can see. Only the slot tray which isnt the problem cause that been like that for over a year. I've been thinking about factory resetting it and formatting the sd card. To the point I think its weird for something to be wrong with the Poweramp app because of that restart he'll for all the problems from that random restart. Its weird for my phone to think Poweramp to be not safe, keep asking for permission for months and now headphone not working some times.

Poweramp is safe (as long as you have installed an official version from the Play Store or downloaded here from our website). It should ask for permissions once, when you set up your Music Folders locations, and not ask again unless something else has revoked the settings. Upgrading to newer versions should not revoke permissions, they should stick. Some Androids will revoke permissions of app that have not been used for a while, so check that is disabled for Poweramp in your Android settings.

Andre  

50 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Poweramp is safe (as long as you have installed an official version from the Play Store or downloaded here from our website). It should ask for permissions once, when you set up your Music Folders locations, and not ask again unless something else has revoked the settings. Upgrading to newer versions should not revoke permissions, they should stick. Some Androids will revoke permissions of app that have not been used for a while, so check that is disabled for Poweramp in your Android settings.

Andre  

I use the app everyday, like I said it keep asking permission every now and then outta no where. Still don't have a answer to my headphone not working. Now ive notice my audio keep being lowered when I replug my headphones and have to keep going to audio and mess with the dvc control. Like WTF

Edited by MTK

• 8 months later...

I have a problem, my headphone stop working with app again. This time when I delete the catch and data and didnt fix the problem like last time. So I unstalled and restarted phone etc and imported setting now I'm getting dupe playlists. Also theres a new switch above in hirez when its on, my headphone dont work and when its off it works. I dont understand how everything was fine until I fell a sleep and phone died and now everything is BS now.

Edited by andrewilley
Moved from specific 'New Release Build' thread as this is an ongoing issue

Duplicated playlists will have been caused by importing a full Poweramp backup (including saved playlists) while also having the original playlist files still present in the phone. You will see the original scanned files from your storage alongside the new copies that were restored from the backup. You can delete the restored versions if you already have the original files available. Remember that if you run the Import process more than once, you will create duplicate playlists every time, as import does not overwrite playlists, it creates new ones with modified names.

The headphones issue is still a mystery though. As you don't say otherwise, I assume you are talking about a cabled headset plugged into a 3.5mm headphone socket? What output method are you using in PA Settings=>Audio=>Output? Might be worth trying some of the others (OpenSL ES, AAudio, Audio Track, Hi-Res, etc). Do you have any other audio modification apps or features enabled?

Andre

34 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Duplicated playlists will have been caused by importing a full Poweramp backup (including saved playlists) while also having the original playlist files still present in the phone. You will see the original scanned files from your storage alongside the new copies that were restored from the backup. You can delete the restored versions if you already have the original files available. Remember that if you run the Import process more than once, you will create duplicate playlists every time, as import does not overwrite playlists, it creates new ones with modified names.

The headphones issue is still a mystery though. As you don't say otherwise, I assume you are talking about a cabled headset plugged into a 3.5mm headphone socket? What output method are you using in PA Settings=>Audio=>Output? Might be worth trying some of the others (OpenSL ES, AAudio, Audio Track, Hi-Res, etc). Do you have any other audio modification apps or features enabled?

Andre

I fixed everything, in a pain in the butt hour that I cant get back. You know how many times and how long it took to rescan over 10k songs as well install twice just to find out it was DVC related. Everything was working fine before I fell a sleep and phone died. I mess with the Hires switch at the top above sample rate. Turning it off made headphone work but I knew it was BS cause ive been listening to Hi res for years. I turned it back on and turn DVC off and on and fixed it.

Edit: Ooof just read that old post, noticed what i said and it says tye same thing the DVC. If I remember that I could've saved my time.

Edit: I think I should leave DVC off, been messing with lately. See a post say turn it on for better quality but now noticed in app say it could force the quality to 16bit or something and sound is lowered 

Edited by MTK

Some Android variants from specific manufacturers don't allow DVC to play nicely with high-res output. My Samsung is fine for example (although it has fixed frequency/bitdepth pairings), but I believe MIUI ROMs and some others need the setting tweaking. I would start from defaults though, so don't try any testing with hi-res enabled for now, to see if you can work out what combination is causing your issues.

Yes, a Full Rescan of 10,000 songs would take around 4-5 minutes with decently fast storage - mine takes a little under 3 minutes with 8,500 songs for example. There's no need to rescan the library just to change a DVC setting, or to Restore Defaults in the Output menu, though.

Andre