PA944: No 32bit flac support

Xaphan

31 minutes ago, Xaphan said:

No 32bit flac support

32bit FLAC (version 1.4.0) was just released on 2022-09-09, and already had a revision to 1.4.1 on 09-22. So I would think there are reasons to wait until this is proven stable before 3rd party devs jump into adding support that will need additional work on their end.

Edited by MotleyG

Waiting for PA to be able to read them as well. Considering files created with 1.4.1 can be read on players normally and decoded by older decoder versions (except for 32bit files of course), it probably is safe to add decoding support to it already. I mean, if enough changed between 1.4 and 1.4.1 to need an entirely new decoder, it would probably be numbered 1.5 or even 2.0, or at least have a big warning somewhere.

2 hours ago, ScarletNeko said:

Waiting for PA to be able to read them as well. Considering files created with 1.4.1 can be read on players normally and decoded by older decoder versions (except for 32bit files of course), it probably is safe to add decoding support to it already. I mean, if enough changed between 1.4 and 1.4.1 to need an entirely new decoder, it would probably be numbered 1.5 or even 2.0, or at least have a big warning somewhere.

I predict that the next decoder will have the number 5.2 😁