remove the album name on album view

ihaspei

i don't know why is this even a thing, but i don't see the purpose to display the album name when you already are on that album.

i didn't know where to post this 'cause it's not a bug per ce, but is a nonsense. it should show just the name of the song and the artists.

it can be an option though, where you can disable to show the album name, like the option "show titles only"

Screenshot_20221011-040718.png

Currently that's not an option, the song info layout is standard across all categories - Title on the top line, Artist-Album on the smaller line below. It's locked to the same content on the player screen.

It will be easy enough to do once an existing (medium-term) Feature Request to make those lines customisable for each Category gets implemented though. So you'd have a formatting string for each line, such as "[%track%. ]%title%", "%album%[ (%year%)]" etc.

Andre

If removing the album name is an option, then no worries, but removing it entirely, it's a no no for me. 

You may want to know the name of an album while you are in that list, and having to exit the list for that information is boring. 

Let me just scroll up to get it is better. 

Bencherished 

4 hours ago, Bencherished said:

If removing the album name is an option, then no worries, but removing it entirely, it's a no no for me. 

You may want to know the name of an album while you are in that list, and having to exit the list for that information is boring. 

Let me just scroll up to get it is better. 

Bencherished

what i mean is to have an option to not show the album name, 'cause sometimes albums have a long name (especially on soundtrack albums) so the screen is always full of text. it could be deseabled by default when you are on the album though, but have that option in every category would be awesome or even in the player ui, and if you want to know on what album is the song playing now you could just long press the album art and it will show like it is right now.

Screenshot_20221011-121617.png

5 minutes ago, ihaspei said:

long press the album art and it will show like it is right now.

That just shows the same strings (Title and Artist - Album) that are used in the main Player screen and the category song list. So if you changed the format in the list, you would also see the same change on the Player Screen and in that info.

Andre

8 hours ago, ihaspei said:

i don't know why is this even a thing, but i don't see the purpose to display the album name when you already are on that album.

i didn't know where to post this 'cause it's not a bug per ce, but is a nonsense. it should show just the name of the song and the artists.

This is pretty much standard across all music players when it comes to browsing the library. These Artist, Album, Composer names are all essential for drilling into each list and I don't see how that can be "nonsense" when it comes to that part of the UI.

I do agree however that once you are actually playing a song, that the information on the "Now Playing" UI should be more customizable to the preference of the user. This could include removing or adding specific metadata fields that at least are already a part of the Poweramp library. I'm referring to the two lines that currently are fixed to show the Title, and Artist - Album fields.

45 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

So if you changed the format in the list, you would also see the same change on the Player Screen and in that info.

yeah i mean, if that's the case it would be good anyway (at least for me) cause you just can long press and go to the album, but i think just to have the option to not show the album name (like the option "show titles only") would be great.

but looks like the option to separate the album artist and album name in different cases it's "on working" i think, so i hope that option will come in future updates.

21 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

These Artist, Album, Composer names are all essential for drilling into each list and I don't see how that can be "nonsense" when it comes to that part of the UI.

i was referring a nonsense on showing the album name in each track (red marker) when it's showing already on the header (green marker), so i was calling an option like it's already done with the "titles only" option on three dots/list options. so it could be an extra option "only show titles and artists".

Screenshot_20221011-040718.png.d224d4a9c82951a876b5772250ec34b6~2.png

1 hour ago, ihaspei said:

i was referring a nonsense on showing the album name in each track (red marker) when it's showing already on the header (green marker), so i was calling an option like it's already done with the "titles only" option on three dots/list options. so it could be an extra option "only show titles and artists".

I understand this as well. And for that part I agreed with you that this would be ideally set by the user based on their preference. It has been documented here many times that those lines you have underlined in red are a part of the UI that is driven by the Now Playing interface. So they would be changed based on settings that may come at some point in the future as part of the regularly requested improvements to Poweramp. At that point the area indicated by your green arrow would then be far more important if the same information was no longer included in those lines below.

4 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

I understand this as well. And for that part I agreed with you that this would be ideally set by the user based on their preference. It has been documented here many times that those lines you have underlined in red are a part of the UI that is driven by the Now Playing interface. So they would be changed based on settings that may come at some point in the future as part of the regularly requested improvements to Poweramp. At that point the area indicated by your green arrow would then be far more important if the same information was no longer included in those lines below.

yeah i was reading some posts here, where people request things referring to the album name, so i think it's on working 'cause like you said it has to be with some deep setting on the app or something like that. so i hope it will get implemented soon

• 2 months later...

Hello, i would like to join to the topic starter!

IMO Shouldn't be the album & artist have to be one element as well.

My musics are random, not in albums (I'm not big fan of albums), and very annoying that shows the album name.

Many times its not even fill correctly that entry in the mp3 tag.

I really support the idea of this two ways:

"So you'd have a formatting string for each line, such as "[%track%. ]%title%", "%album%[ (%year%)]" etc. "

or

"i was calling an option like it's already done with the "titles only" option on three dots/list options. so it could be an extra option "only show titles and artists". "

Thanks in advance for the developers if they implement this "extra" to able to choose.