Notifications not really working

TWL999

Hello,

inside of my "Account Settings" / Other Settings/ Notification Settings, I have checked everything to receive notifications about replies to posts, etc. but mostly this does not happen.

That means, even if there has been an answer, no notification is sent, or shown while being online, mostly.

Sometimes this is not so, then notifications while being logged in become visible let to my profile ID (the bell sign), and also an email reaches my inbox.

But mostly this is not working.

It would be truly helpful to be notified if there has been a reply to an important topic, etc.

Please kindly take care of that.

Greetings to those who read this new topic, and perhaps can help.

By default, the bell-symbol notification is for things like when you have been tagged in a reply, but you can adjust in in your account settings.

If you have subscribed to a thread (i.e. 'followed' it) you should be notified of new replies as per your account settings, which are pretty configurable. You normally need to enable the 'Follow Topic' switch at the end of the message editor, but you can set auto follow in your account settings:

image.png

Push Notifications need to be approved in your Browser too.

Andre

image.png

7 hours ago, andrewilley said:

By default, the bell-symbol notification is for things like when you have been tagged in a reply, but you can adjust in in your account settings.

If you have subscribed to a thread (i.e. 'followed' it) you should be notified of new replies as per your account settings, which are pretty configurable. You normally need to enable the 'Follow Topic' switch at the end of the message editor, but you can set auto follow in your account settings:

image.png

Push Notifications need to be approved in your Browser too.

Andre

image.png

Hello,

thanks for taking time to reply.

This is exactly how it appears in profile under "Followed Content"

Also, I confirmed in my browser the "Push Notifications"

Still, the symptoms are the way as mentioned:

mostly I don't get notified.

For example this message of yours, I was NOT notified of your reply.

Don't know what else I can do from my side

Greetings