Kenregiec

I’m running power amp in my android car radio . I never had this issue before until I got replacement radio. I have large 600gb library using external hard drive . When I shut down my vehicle while power amp plays it comes back up saying Poweramp has been killed and loses all music has to rescan large library again. Even when I close out of the app it still plays . Is there an option to get the app to stop playing when I close out of it ? I noticed if I run my radio after Poweramp that must shut it off properly and I don’t seem to have an issue or the error pop up the next time I start my vehicle . Any advice would be greatly appreciated I’ve tried and can’t find any setting to have power amp stop playing when I close out of it so that I won’t get an error message the next time . Again any help would greatly be appreciated. I enjoy this app because I have the option to run folder hierarchy  the way I have it loaded in my hard drive . Thanks so much 

Sounds like the radio is no using a proper shut-down intent. When the key-off is recognized, it should stop the display and run a proper shut-down of the OS in the background. Then it can fully close the system down. Have you sent this to the head unit manufacturer to look into?

It’s been long issue with this company . I normally stick with pioneer , Sony or name brand I know well. But this company insane audio they make for jeeps I really liked . First unit had Bluetooth issue then over 6 months they sent me three radios that sound didn’t work and there’s no room for error on my end it’s all plug in play . They finally rebranded made whole new units after 7 months I finally got this new one . Paid $1200 for its android automotive . This one finally worked but now I’m having this issue driving me nuts with that company . Thanks for the help I will contact them . 

This has been an issue reported a few times in the past, mostly with no-name Chinese head units not sending a valid shutdown intent to apps before they cut the power.

If you can find out what (if any) custom intent is being issued by the head unit, you can enter that instruction into PA Settings > Misc > Shutdown Intent so PA can act on it.

Andre

I really appreciate the help . Yeah unfortunately I went with them because they claim they are made in USA however I believe they started out in USA now they are Chinese made but stamped USA on radio after inspection so it’s really not US like thought . I really appreciate the help this radio situation has been long nightmare . Thought I finally got working one but realized I had this issue now . Thanks so much