"Global Effects forcing standard definition audio(48kHz/16 bit)"

jpmalucao

I can no longer use the sample rate increase feature on the AAudio output, as this message appears saying that it is useless to change the audio sample rate.

Funny that the AAudio output worked fine before this update. I noticed that they added new sample rates that they didn't have in this output and I wanted to try it out.

Screenshot_20220915-185912.thumb.png.19d36b7206862004d65851e8e19f43ed.png

5 hours ago, jpmalucao said:

But it is still curious that since this message appeared the sampling changes no longer work.

Screenshot_20220916-201436.thumb.png.e4485402cfdbea5d7f1c9639873b31ee.png

I would bet the litany of changes in build 943 with regard to output detections may have more to do with it than the warning banner about global sound effects (which appeared starting in build 943). Some devices have 48kHz output locked to 16bit, 96 or 192kHz to 24bit and 384kHz to 32bit.

You don't mention what device you are using, which would help significantly in the way of tracking down your issue.

7 hours ago, jpmalucao said:

None of the audio resampling works, in any outputs.

Please provide (requests without these items will be deleted):

1. Device model
  2. ROM version (Android version, stock/OTA/Custom ROM): /system/build.prop file or adb shell getprop output
  3. Why do you think your device supports Hi-Res (link to device features, etc.)?
  4. For recent Poweramp builds, screenshot of Settings / Audio / Advanced Tweaks / Audio Outputs Detection Logs.
  5. A copy of yourdevice's /etc/audio_policy.conf or audio_output_policy.conf or audio_io_policy.conf file may be helpful. [on some devices this can be found in /vendor/etc/or /system/etc/ instead]

Please note, this is for Hi-Res output requests, just playback (with resampling) of hi-res audio is already implemented by Poweramp v2.0 for all devices/ROMs.

[copy-pasted from hi-res output request thread]

If there’s no documentation for capability of hi res output for your device, what suggests to you it can?