Poweramp overriding other audio apps on Bluetooth headphones

ddogg81uk

Poweramp build number 934-939

your device model: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

your Android version: 11

I am using the trial at the moment and really enjoying the app except for 1 quirk which could prevent me purchasing the full product

I use Spotify also, and whenever I pause Spotify using my Bluetooth headphone controls; pressing play causes Poweramp to start

I have tried playing with a few settings but to no avail. It is really frustrating when using multiple services that Poweramp hogs my audio output. 

Keep Service - Disabled

Resume on Bluetooth - Disabled

Short audio Focus change - Disabled

Permanent audio Focus - Disabled

I have attached the log, but would love if anyone knows of a solution (hopefully just an option check I havent selected)

Thanks

==================

13:50:24.220 PlayerService reloadPipeline

allowPlaying=true forceResume=false state after reload=2

==================

13:51:16.460 PlayerService reloadPipeline

==================

13:53:43.163 PlayerService reloadPipeline

==================

13:53:53.519 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268934008 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

13:53:53.525 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268934014 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

13:53:55.403 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268935892 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

13:53:55.426 PlayerService RESUME

from PSMediaButtonReceiver resumePlaying 

==================

13:53:55.461 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268935950 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=1

==================

13:53:55.466 PlayerService RESUME

==================

13:53:59.207 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268939696 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=1

==================

13:53:59.220 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268939709 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=1

==================

13:53:59.226 PlayerService PAUSE

from PSMediaButtonReceiver pausePlaying 

==================

13:54:10.884 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268951373 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

13:54:10.899 PlayerService RESUME

==================

13:54:10.900 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268951389 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

13:54:10.920 PlayerService RESUME

==================

13:54:13.106 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268953595 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=1

==================

13:54:13.129 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=268953618 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=1

==================

13:54:13.137 PlayerService PAUSE

==================

13:55:46.217 PlayerService reloadPipeline

==================

13:56:15.620 PlayerService reloadPipeline

==================

13:56:35.936 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=269096424 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

13:56:35.962 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=269096451 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=2

==================

13:56:36.246 PlayerService RESUME

==================

13:56:36.255 PlayerService RESUME

==================

13:56:36.872 PlayerService reloadPipeline

allowPlaying=true forceResume=false state after reload=1

==================

13:56:39.180 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=269099669 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=1

==================

13:56:39.181 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON

KEYCODE_MEDIA_PAUSE ACTION_UP name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=269099670 sourcePak=com.android.bluetooth isAvrcp flags=0x0 playerState=1

==================

13:56:39.195 PlayerService PAUSE

==================

13:56:52.860 PlayerService reloadPipeline

==================

13:57:25.173 PlayerService reloadPipeline

==================

13:57:53.570 PlayerService reloadPipeline

Edited by ddogg81uk
Typi

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue and it's very frustrating because I've tried changing so many settings (and restarting my phone) but just can't seem to eliminate it.  I have a Samsung Note 10+ running Android 12 and OneUI 4.1; I have the paid version of Poweramp build 939.   Here are a couple of examples of when I encounter this issue when I have both the Audible and Poweramp apps loaded:

(1) I'm listening to Audible on my BT headphones and turn the phone screen off; I click on my BT headphone to pause Audible, and then click again assuming Audible will restart -- but instead Poweramp starts playing. 

(2) The issue also happens when the screen is on and I have the Samsung/Android notification bar pulled down -- I can see the Poweramp and Audible mini-players in the notification pulldown (they're "layered" over each other in that I need to swipe left/right to move from one to the other); I swipe to the Audible mini-player and press "Play" (using my finger) and Audible plays; I then click on my BT headset and the Audible player pauses; I again click on my BT headset, and instead of Audible playing, the mini-player automatically (i.e., by itself without me doing anything) "swipes" over to the Poweramp one and Poweramp starts playing ....

I love Poweramp but this issue makes it un-usable for me since I do a lot of my listening while I'm out walking, and so I need to be able to control my apps via my BT headset (phone is in my pocket with the screen off) -- all's good if I only want to listen to music via Poweramp, but I do frequently listen to my audiobooks and will often need to pause and un-pause (play) the audiobook (using my BT headset) while I'm out walking -- but this issue causes things to jump over to Poweramp as soon as I click on my BT headset.

Please advise what info you need from me to diagnose this situation.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

@andrewilley Any thoughts on this issue?  I've found that if I uninstall Poweramp and instead just use the Samsung Music app, the issue doesn't occur (of the music app "grabbing" the audio focus even when the last thing I listened to was Audible or Google Podcasts).  But once I install Poweramp, the issue starts happening again.  So it seems that this does have something to do with PA -- any advice on what settings to check etc -- it's something I can't pin down since I've been through most of the settings, turning them on/off to test?  The only way to "fix" the issue is to Force Stop the PA app -- then I can listen to Audible or Podcasts without the PA player grabbing the audio focus when I click on my BT headset to play.  BTW I don't have the PA Equalizer app.

I love the functionality of the PA app as it meets all the needs I have in a music player.  But when I'm out walking and the issue keeps occuring, it makes PA a problem.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated!