Poweramp builds 941-945

maxmp

Hello everybody, im sorry but I had to downgrade to the last Version in the playstore (939), because on my Poco F4 with the xiaomi.eu 13.0.7 I couldnt use Hi-Res. Always when I plugged in my wired headphonea via usb-c adapter , unfortunately the silent mode turned on automatically and the souns got like really low. That seems like a bug to me because I dont have that problem in 939. Maybe some others got that problem aswell ? Greetings

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Builds 943:

• improved hi-res support for Pixel devices @ Android 12/13
    • Hi-Res output and AAOutput improved
    • some Pixels (for example, 6) have limited hi-res support - only 96kHz or some other fixed sample rate may be supported
  • relaxed AAudio requirements on Pixels @ Android 11/12/13, added more sample formats
  • improved output sample rate/format bit width detection
    • on some devices sample rate/format is detected only when playback is active
  • Audio Info popup shows more info about sample rate/bit width conversions
    • this depends on info reported by the system that may be incorrect for some firmwares/devices/etc.
    • depending on the firmware, system may force some fixed sample rate
  • OpenSL output supports Float32 format now
  • OpenSL Hi-Res output replaced to Hi-Res output for old Androids
  • Volume Levels option returned for Android 13
    At the moment Volume Levels supported within the app only

@irwanrz recent Qualcomm based devices (excluding Samsungs and Pixels) do not support Hi-Res + DVC on some outputs. Use either Hi-Res without DVC (No DVC options + No Headroom Gain if you need more volume vs deeper equalization) or standard resolution outputs with the DVC enabled (for the deeper equalization). 

1 hour ago, Weeknd said:

How to switch track statistics and other data from old phone to new phone 

PA Settings=>Export Settings/Data. Tick which items you wish to export.

Copy the resulting file to your new device and use the matching Import feature in PA (after your have chosen your Music Folders, so the music library is populated)

Andre

Hello. I cannot enable Hi Res Output on my Google Pixel 4a on Andriod 13. I have tried with DVC on and DVC off. It will not work either way.

17:38:17.045 build-943-bundle-play

Device: google Google Pixel 4a sunfish sunfish "sunfish" sunfish TP1A.220624.014 [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

sm6150 is_snapdragon
FAILED to read /vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf
reading /vendor/etc/audio_io_policy.conf
has direct_pcm_24, sampling_rates=44100|48000|88200|96000|176400|192000|352800|384000
AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT direct_pcm_24
has direct_pcm_24 formats=AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD via direct_pcm_24
forcing FLAG_DLFCN FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=33
OK flags=0x874616600000000
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_8_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32
FLAG_SUPPORTS_UNITY_GAIN_STREAM
FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB
FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC
FLAG_DLFCN
FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER
FLAG_ALLOW_DVC_EFFECT
FLAG_BT_DVC_EFFECT
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_384K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_352K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_192K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_176K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_96K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_88K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_48K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_44K

On 9/10/2022 at 4:19 AM, maxmp said:

Builds 943:

• improved hi-res support for Pixel devices @ Android 12/13
    • Hi-Res output and AAOutput improved
    • some Pixels (for example, 6) have limited hi-res support - only 96kHz or some other fixed sample rate may be supported
  • relaxed AAudio requirements on Pixels @ Android 11/12/13, added more sample formats
  • improved output sample rate/format bit width detection
    • on some devices sample rate/format is detected only when playback is active
  • Audio Info popup shows more info about sample rate/bit width conversions
    • this depends on info reported by the system that may be incorrect for some firmwares/devices/etc.
    • depending on the firmware, system may force some fixed sample rate
  • OpenSL output supports Float32 format now
  • OpenSL Hi-Res output replaced to Hi-Res output for old Androids
  • Volume Levels option returned for Android 13
    At the moment Volume Levels supported within the app only

Great 👌 hi-res output working well my redmi mobile. Also fixed low sound quality 🙂. Love this beta version ❤️ hope soon it's published on Google Play Store With latest version. Thanks

Build 944:

• improved hi-res support for Snapdragon based devices @ Android 11/12
    • Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and few other recent SoCs are supported now
    • Hi-Res + DVC, or Hi-Res + No DVC combinations may not work for some firmwares
  • Hi-Res Output format selection
    • depending on the device/firmware, some manually selected formats may result in standard definition, no sound at all, or output failure

I updated to this build-944 from build-939 that I was enjoying so much. But then ran into a problem that forced me to go back down and restore the 939 again.

Problem: My system-wide sound enhancers that I simply can't do without do not function with this build. They could not engage after updating the app, and restarting the phone or the apps didn't help. I don't know if this can be fixed or there is a setting that is wrong somewhere disabling enhancers. I saw in the settings page that it said something like a system-wide enhancer like I was using will affect the output sample rate but that was about it as to what I saw differently from the settings page of the previous build.

Phone specs:

Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 (Exynos)

Android version: 5.0.2

Aurora full S6 Port No. 7.0 installed and phone is rooted

System-wide Enhancers: Viper4Android FX ver 2.5.0.5; Dolby Digital Plus Enhancer.

Is there anything I could do to make this particular build work with what I've got? The 939 worked with my equipment with no problems and not a hitch. I usually use AudioTrack as the output, but I even tried switching output to OpenSL and it still won't work with the enhancers. 

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Tapori Gaming what problem? @samuelawachie problem is with Exynos Soc on Custom ROM, something that can't be reliable reproduced and fixed anyway, so if Restore Defaults doesn't help keeping old build is probably a good idea.

Exynos Rom have set the output limted a few months ago.

there is no way to upgrade output in Poweramp because it will useless 

cause:- Exynos Processor's Limitations.

but @Jale have Snapdragon SoC for this also issue is being faced.

for Snapdragon Soc's

855,860,865,888 and etc optimization is required.

Edited by Tapori Gaming

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@samuelawachie just use standard definition outputs, start with Restore Defaults in Settings / Audio / Outputs and ensure DVC if off. Thanks!

I did that, and behold it worked. All three applications were working harmoniously again and all was fine with the world, but for a while only. 
I decided to look under the hood and delve into the Settings to see what changed. And I saw a few curious things. 
The Restore Defaults audio output seemed to turn the output back to Open SL, turn DVC off, and changed plenty of other smaller settings like buffer sizes and stuff. I switched output back to AudioTrack and they still were working (this didn’t work before resetting defaults). I then saw that if I set DVC back on, they stopped working. I also saw that the 24-bit option (float 32) that I had with AudioTrack was no longer available. So I switched it back to OpenSL and left it at that. 

I’m disappointed though that it seems those 2 options are now not open to me for use anymore. The 24-bit thing seemed to add plenty of dynamic range and loudness capacity. And the DVC added even more dynamic range and tone improvements. I wonder whether I’d be better off using the build 939 from here on out if it meant better sound quality as compared to whatever QoL improvements I could get from the latest build 944. 
What do you guys reckon? Was it really 24 bit? And does DVC really add too much to miss out on? Are there any other under the hood improvements this 944 build has over 939 that outweigh the sound quality stuff I’d be missing out on? Am I overestimating the DVC effect?

Thanks (I know that’s a lot of questions)

16 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@samuelawachie use your ears to decide if you like one set of options vs another one. I would always take DVC + tone/equalizer on standard output (16bit/48khz) vs no-DVC flat boring signal, as I and humans in general can't hear frequencies above 20khz anyway, nor difference between 16bits or 24bits.

Hello,Maxsim P...(Moderator)

recently i had posted a sound quality settings for Poweramp.

do the settings in your device and use any earphone then listen,check and tell me how is sound quality.

I am waiting.

Thanks.