Unable to use Poweramp unless always connected to internet?!

DaveC19

I have an old phone that has been retired. It is obviously not connected to the internet anymore. I decided to use as an MP3 player so I bought Poweramp for it. So I wanted to use it and I get this kind message about an error " Sorry but Poweramp can't verify purchase ....Android market licence or APM licence server... Please ensure internet connections is up and stable..".

This is just unacceptable! I bought the unlocker from the website. It unlocked, and it said congtatulations for purchasing etc. Done. So now WHY does it need to constantly phone home to ask permission to use the app that I already paid for?! Why? It makes no sense. I unlocked it, now it should just work, ALWAYS, internet or not. This sucks! What if someone wants to use on a tablet with no internet? A phone no longer subscribed to a plan? Don't tell me I need to run over to a wifi hotspot to constantly re-activate, that is ridiculous.

How can I use the app that I PAID FOR on this phone now?

If I can't I want a refund, it didn't say I need to be constantly connected to the internet to use it when I bought it.

- You do not need to be rude,

- Why don't you read the message on top of this forum ?

- You do not need to be constantly connected to use Poweramp. I'm not and it is working fine. Maybe you need to be connected the first time you run it or maybe there is an issue because there is no SIM card in your phone...

- Why don't you read the message on top of this forum ?

http://forum.poweram...urchase-issues/

- You do not need to be constantly connected to use Poweramp. I'm not and it is working fine. Maybe you need to be connected the first time you run it or maybe there is an issue because there is no SIM card in your phone...

I bought this awhile back and it worked fine. I loaded it up the first time while connected to net, why didn't it verify then? Then I get the error message a couple of weeks later. It is like it needs to expire first before you need to go activate. That is a PITA. I had to run over to a wifi spot to reactivate again. This is a hassle especially if you are home and just want to listen to music. You then need to drop what you are doing run over to a hotspot, re-activate, then return home. One should not need to do all of that. You should also not be required to have a SIM in the phone to run it. Why would the author care if you did or didn't have a SIM? I understand the need to prevent piracy but all of this security on a $5.00 app is silly! It is not like it is a $900.00 app like Photoshop or something.

Yes I read that other info, the trouble is that the author doesn't respond to e-mails. It is not just me either as if you read the ratings in the market you will see he is notorious for ignoring customer's messages. I think draconian security and ignoring your paying customers is "rude".

It is a great app and is well done it just needs work at being more user friendlyand flexible with the purchasing. Pay, install, unlock, done forever. That is the way it should be, nice and simple.

It may be rude but as this forum are mainly public (questions and answers) it is pretty useless to harass us. After all we are Poweramp users just like you. It is sad that people use this forum just to complain then will vanish completely once their issue are solved.

Anyway, as I said, maybe this is a *bug* due to "no sim in phone". I doubt this is a wanted "feature". And, once again: I just don't know, I've made a supposition.

Archived