Android13 infinite crashes

Mining

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley if the issue is notification related, one of the following may help:

- changing notification type in Poweramp settings to something else
- reinstalling uni build over Play build 

I went to Settings > Look and Feel > Notifications and changed the Notification Type. Both Media with Custom Covers and Legacy no longer causes crashes with or without album art attached to the song. Media / Colorized and Auto still crashes. Thanks for the help so far! I'm still using build-939-bundle-play.

On 8/16/2022 at 12:19 PM, andrewilley said:

Android 13 is not an official product yet, but it should be supported by the time it is fully released. Thanks for the info.

Have you tried a clean re-install of Poweramp by the way? Someone reported issues with Hi-Res output crashing, so going back to Output defaults (or even by clearing app data) might help. Back up your playlists/etc first though.

Andre

I am experiencing the same problem. I can't switch Hi-res on, it just crashes. I liked Poweramp though. Such a shame.

28 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@kpro does it crash for no-album-art tracks for you?

If I set the Notification Type to either "Media with Custom Covers" or "Legacy", then I do not get crashes for no-album-art tracks anymore.

I also re-enabled "Force Default Image", and I also no longer get any crashes if I change the Notification Type accordingly.

So far my observation is:

Notification Type: "Media with Custom Covers" or "Legacy" = no crash

Notification Type: "Auto" or "Media / Colorized" = crash if track has no album art or "Force Default Image" is enabled

Edited by kpro

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

@礦業 不幸的是,該問題在我的 Pixel 6 @ Android 13 和 Android 13 模擬器(默認設置,build-940)上無法重現。如果您有 Poweramp 設置的備份,請將其發送至 gpmaxmpz@gmail.com。

Android 13 上幾乎沒有損壞的東西(通知、直接文件訪問),因此我建議您至少將設備上的通知選項重置為默認設置,或者嘗試將 Poweramp 設置中的通知類型更改為其他類型。直接文件訪問(Poweramp 中的舊文件訪問)似乎已從 Android 13 版本中完全刪除,但這應該進一步測試,因為 Android 可能會為經過 Android 升級等的應用啟用某些兼容性模式。

Where to download version 940? The latest version of PLAY is 939

2 hours ago, kpro said:

如果我將通知類型設置為“帶有自定義封面的媒體”或“舊版”,那麼我不會再因無專輯藝術曲目而崩潰。

我還重新啟用了“強制默認圖像”,如果我相應地更改通知類型,我也不再出現任何崩潰。

到目前為止,我的觀察是:

通知類型:“帶有自定義封面的媒體”或“舊版”= 無崩潰

通知類型:“自動”或“媒體/彩色”=如果曲目沒有專輯封面或啟用“強制默認圖像”則崩潰

Currently referring to kpro's solution
Selecting the old version of the notification type will not crash

On 2022/8/20 at AM3點25分, Mining said:

I now find a new problem, if you use bluetooth to connect headphones
Unable to turn on Hi-Res (at the red square)
and will jump back to the default (yellow square)

@maxmp

299247585_1179292519294209_8630179513464527131_n.png

Will this be fixed?

@maxmp

Edited by Mining

12 minutes ago, Mining said:

I have tried 941 and the same problem exists

The notification problem causing A13 crashes? Or the Bluetooth one with ahi-Res? I think this thread needs to be split, as it has wandered from the OP in a couple of spots.

1 hour ago, MotleyG said:

The notification problem causing A13 crashes? Or the Bluetooth one with ahi-Res? I think this thread needs to be split, as it has wandered from the OP in a couple of spots.

Notification issue resolved
Currently Hi-res is turned on and it will crash
I see that I am not the only one reflecting

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

@AudiOw Please try Poweramp build 944 (can be downloaded from the Download tab here in the forums) which might help. If not, please reset the Outputs menu to defaults which will turn off any Hi-Res selections.

Andre

You've always been my Poweramp lifesaver, Andre. Thanks, as always

• 2 weeks later...

My Pixel 4A with Poweramp Pro build 939 had the exact same problem after the phone updated to Android 13.  I contacted the developer, who said he was aware of the issue and was working on it.  I reverted to my backup music player, then found this thread with suggested workarounds.  I tried them and Poweramp works fine again!

I did both suggestions at once so I cannot say which of them fixed it or if both are necessary.  In any case, I launched Poweramp, clicked on the hamburger icon and did the following: 

Settings -> Audio -> Output -> clicked Restore Defaults

Settings -> Look and Feel -> Notifications -> clicked Restore Defaults

I have never changed the audio output or look and feel settings so I don't understand why this worked -- they were presumably already the factory defaults.  But this DID work, so I'm happy.  Thank you! 

Craig

Sunnyvale, California

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Have you tried newer PA builds, such as 944?

Hi Andre, 

No, I purchased PA Pro from Google Play many years ago and have been keeping it updated that way.  Trying 944 was going to be my next step if the "restore defaults" trick didn't work.  It worked fine, so I'm happy to wait for Max to release the next official update on Play.  Thanks for the help! 

-Craig