Folders are sorted not in reverse order despite the list setting

Works fine for me, could you elaborate a bit?

For example I went into the 'Folders' category and opened its 'List Options' menu. Using my normal 'By Path' sorting order, both standard and Reverse sorting worked correctly. I also tried sorting 'By Name' and 'By Number of Tracks' and both of those showed in regular or Reverse order correctly too.

Andre

Looks like folders are always sorted alphabetically. I have a "/music/artist/album/tracks" hierarchy, I checked this in "Folders Hierarchy" category and went into /music and the artist folders are always sorted alphabetically regardless of the view settings.

The OP's reported issue is related to the sorting of folders.

Yes, this discussion is about folder sorting.

Remember that in Folders Hierarchy mode (i.e. the multi-layer drill down structure) there is only a single set of List Options for all levels, which is used for both files and folders. In fact, it's the same saved setting that is also used for the song files level in plain Folders mode. This is because there is no concept of 'lowest layer' in Hierarchy mode, any folder can contain files, more subfolders, or a mixture of both. So most of the options available in its List Options screen apply to any contained song files only (a folder does not have an Artist Name, Track#, Year, Rating, etc) with the folders themselves being sorted alphabetically at the top of the list. 

Plain Folders mode on the other hand has two separate 'List Options' settings (one for the initial folders list layer and one for the songs layer) and so it allows for a reverse setting in the folders layer.

Andre