Audio crackling output through speaker or earphones

Weird type of audio crackling output whenever i pause/stop videos it happens with vlc,youtube,libretube and other video players. It happen whenever i use Poweramp equalizer so plz fix this bug ASAP. It irritates when audio crackling play in earphones. It happens in my dad's phone also. He also use Poweramp equalizer. So the bug is only in Poweramp equalizer. Plz fix this. And one more thing  this audio crackling bug is happen in Samsung phone's only. 

Device: Samsung galaxy j8 2018

Android 10

Cpu architecture:  v7a (something like this😅)

Poweramp equalizer version : build 937-938vidma_recorder_24072022_101455 (mp3cut.net)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my Samsung too! This audio crackling occurs in my Samsung Tab S6 Lite (Exynos version, Android 12) and not (never) in the Xiaomi device (Mi A2 Lite, Android 11). I thought it only happened on Spotify, but when I applied the dump permissions it increased the occurrence.

This weird sound, which increases the volume until (sometimes) mutes the device, happens during sound transitions, whether it's switching songs on Spotify or starting an advertisement on Youtube. This does not happen in the Poweramp player.

Edited by Superleosam
More device details.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Mr. Max said:

Devloper needs to fix this. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Max said:

@andrewilley when will you fix this bug? 

First, Max (the developer) will need to identity and reproduce this issue before he can even start working on a fix for it (assuming he can duplicate the problem at all, that is). Then any such fix will need to be incorporated into the next release build of the Equalizer (the currently available version was released on 6 May).

So overall, it's probably unlikely that a fix would have been released between your most recent two messages which were just over ten hours apart...

Andre

Here, preamp is 0, DVC on and off tested, equalizer reinstaled, "crackling" still occurs. Today, after a security update for the S6 Lite, it only happened about 5 times on Spotify when switching songs manually. I tested for an hour.

Occurs with and without headphones, on Spotify and Youtube. Samsung Dolby Atmos always off.

Noises when changing sounds don't bother, the problem is when this noise keeps repeating itself until the device is mutated. Rare, but it happens and it's scary when I have headphones on. 😅

• 1 month later...

If I am enabling advanced player tracking in PowerampEQ and playing any song in Poweramp, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz or in other player, hearing too much crackled or popped sound when I am trying to open any other aap even music player itself. I am able to hear expected sound only, when either I come to the home screen of my phone, turning off the screen or home screen of PowerampEQ.

Please help me out it is so irritating now to listen music if I want to use PowerampEQ with advanced player tracking enabled.

Thank you.

Hello Dear Raalapas,

if using Poweramp EQ on Poweramp Music Player official app then follow the methods-

1.DVC Disable(No DVC)

2.Poweramp/settings/misc/music_fx/ "turn on it"

3.Open Poweramp EQ...... settings/equalizer/"enable_audio_processing"

4. Back and Known Music Players will shown in list as activated if not showing as activated then turn on the activation.

everything done.

Now Restart both Apps

Fisrt start Poweramp EQ then start Poweramp Music Player or other Known Music Players.

Setup the Compressor from Poweramp EQ. and the values of Functions as you like.

my suggestion will  that-

A.  attack-upto 30 Mili seconds or higher or lower as you like.

B.  Release and Ratio,Frequency as you like.

C. Main focus on Threshold and Gain.

Threshold= minimum-40.00db, max 0.00db

Gain= minimum 35.00db, max 45.00db

Successful........

if satisfied from my opinion and respons then mark on satisfied and if not satisfied then Administrator Sir Andre will response  you soon when he comes.

Thanks

Tapori Gaming

Edited by Tapori Gaming

Whatever you suggested is already there, everything is working fine but the issue is only when I open any other app except Poweramp equalizer sound starts crackling. It works fine when I am on home screen of android or my screen is off. There is the issue.

Hooe you understood what I am actually facing.

2 hours ago, Raalapas said:

If I am enabling advanced player tracking in PowerampEQ and playing any song in Poweramp, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz or in other player, hearing too much crackled or popped sound when I am trying to open any other aap even music player itself. I am able to hear expected sound only, when either I come to the home screen of my phone, turning off the screen or home screen of PowerampEQ.

Please help me out it is so irritating now to listen music if I want to use PowerampEQ with advanced player tracking enabled.

2 hours ago, Raalapas said:

Thank you.

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, Raalapas said:

Whatever you suggested is already there, everything is working fine but the issue is only when I open any other app except Poweramp equalizer sound starts crackling. It works fine when I am on home screen of android or my screen is off. There is the issue.

Hooe you understood what I am actually facing.

There are problems with your device's compability with Poweramp EQ.

from which output it happens actually?

while wired or speaker mode?

Edited by Tapori Gaming

Then there is 

8 minutes ago, Raalapas said:

Both

Follow the steps for Resolve this problem in future.

1. Go to Poweramp EQ/Settings/get_support/send_log/"send_it_".

2.Do not Forget to mention your Glitches And Problems in Subject.

Poweramp EQ and This is a bug for your device.

advance option - Try to Restore Defaults in Poweramp EQ then follow my previous post regarding "methods of enable Poweramp Equalizer"

Do not change values of Samples.

Thanks

Tapori Gaming

Edited by Tapori Gaming

1 minute ago, Tapori Gaming said:

Then there is 

Follow the steps for Resolve this problem in future.

1. Go to Poweramp EQ/Settings/get_support/send_log/"send_it_".

Poweramp EQ and This is a bug for your device.

advance option - Try to Restore Defaults in Poweramp EQ then follow my previous post regarding "methods of enable Poweramp Equalizer"

Do not change values of Samples.

Actually I came to this forum after going through the troubleshooting suggested to me via mail, I already reinstalled both apps twice.

@Raalapas I think some of the replies here might not be addressing what the thread originally stated.

To clarify, are there any particular audio apps that do (or do not) exhibit this behaviour? Much of what was written above related to using the Poweramp music player with the stand-alone Poweramp EQ running too, which is not an ideal configuration (and if you do want to do it, please make sure you only have DVC enabled in one app or the other). But I think you were saying the problem is occurring with other apps using the Known Player Tracking system (enabled via ADB  command). Are are of the apps using high-res output, if so please revert to standard definition output. Also best to avoid using any other additional processing  tools that your device may offer (Dolby Atmos, etc). Please could you also provide details of your system (device, Android version, app version, etc).

Andre

3 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@Raalapas I think some of the replies here might not be addressing what the thread originally stated.

To clarify, are there any particular audio apps that do (or do not) exhibit this behaviour? Much of what was written above related to using the Poweramp music player with the stand-alone Poweramp EQ running too, which is not an ideal configuration (and if you do want to do it, please make sure you only have DVC enabled in one app or the other). But I think you were saying the problem is occurring with other apps using the Known Player Tracking system (enabled via ADB  command). Are are of the apps using high-res output, if so please revert to standard definition output. Also best to avoid using any other additional processing  tools that your device may offer (Dolby Atmos, etc). Please could you also provide details of your system (device, Android version, app version, etc).

Andre

Why ADB shell required for Poweramp EQ?

What are benifit of ADB there?

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Also, this does sound very similar to the report in:

Could you confirm if the problem is the same, and if so I'll merge the two threads to make the issue easier to track.

Andre

This was already happened with me in previous updates but now there is no noticable problem or gltich.

4 minutes ago, Tapori Gaming said:

Why ADB shell required for Poweramp EQ?

What are benifit of ADB there?

See this instruction thread. Assigning extra permissions via ADB command allows more apps (which do not natively flag their audio streams for external processing) to be used with the PA-EQ:

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

• DVC is enabled only in PowerampEQ but not in Poweramp player.
  • Till now dolby atmos is enabled system wide.
  • Device: Redmi K50i (Android 12, MIUI 13)
  • Poweramp: Build-944-bundle-play[944004-e2cd4c77] Full version 64 bit
  • PowerampEQ: Build-938-bundle-play[938004-47bdb35] Premium 64 bit

@Raalapas And this problem occurs with any audio playing applications that you have enabled in the Known Players screen, not just the Poweramp Music Player? And it still happens even with everything in the PA-EQ set to flat (or EQ/Tone turned off) and the preamp set to zero? Does disabling DVC in the EQ app change the situation at all?

Andre

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@Raalapas And this problem occurs with any audio playing applications that you have enabled in the Known Players screen, not just the Poweramp Music Player? And it still happens even with everything in the PA-EQ set to flat (or EQ/Tone turned off) and the preamp set to zero? Does disabling DVC in the EQ app change the situation at all?

Andre

It's happening with all the play I tested with Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify.

And now with Poweramp it is worsen when I am trying to play it feels like music is being rammed in very thin pipeline and ultimately it gets chocked and stops.(Please my words may not sound technical but this is exactly what I am experiencing)

It is size restrictions here otherwise I have posted screen recording.