Search results song option to show in Playlist or just list which Playlist(s) it's located in. Drives me nuts without this basic functionality.

water

When I search for a song and it shows up in search results, there needs to be a way to "show in playlist" or at the very least just list which playlist(s) it's included in.

Drives me batty when I'm trying to figure out where the song is located within playlists much less just knowing which playlist(s).

Please that should not drive you crazy, one of the main reasons we search for song(s) is for fast and easy location, or to know if we have it in our collection. So if search returns only songs included in Playlist, what happens if a song is not included in one? I think the option to see which Playlist a song is added, should be seen through long press info/tag. But the problem with that is, info/tag are embedded. 

Bencherished

If you use the Search icon in the header at the top of any Playlist's songs view, you will see results from just that playlist. That methodology works for any category, the header icons are local context based rather than global.

When you do a header-icon Search in the overall Playlists Category view, the results will be from the Playlist Names, not from any individual playlist's song contents. The same applies for global searches; you will see Playlist matches, but of the Playlist Name rather than the contained songs. It might be an idea for both of these functions to return matches for contained songs too - in the same way that you see Album names in search results if some of the contained songs are matches but the Album title is not.

3 hours ago, Bencherished said:

I think the option to see which Playlist a song is added, should be seen through long press info/tag.

Yes, that would be a nice idea.

@maxmp Minor bug: when you long-press on a song in the local Search Results for a Playlist, the Info/Tags option doesn't do anything. Works fine in other Category searches.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Minor bug: when you long-press on a song in the local Search Results for a Playlist, the Info/Tags option doesn't do anything.

Mine works fine.

@andrewilley Thanks for the info about category search, I have never used that option before, I don't search song to find it in a Playlist. I search to play or add it to Playlist, if it's already added, Poweramp will handle it (duplicate).

Bencherished 

23 minutes ago, Bencherished said:

Mine works fine.

Interesting. Could you try this specific method, which always fails for me:

• Library>Playlists and open any M3U playlist so you can see its songs.
  • Tap the Search icon in the top header bar and type a few characters so you can see some song title results.
  • Long-press on one of the song titles and choose Info/Tags.

When I do this nothing happens, no Info/Tags screen is shown.

Andre