Poweramp disappeared from Android Auto

Shortman
Go to solution Solved by MotleyG,

Good day. Poweramp has disappeared from the Android Auto launcher screen on my phone. It used to be there before but now it's gone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't help.

I don't have the car as yet to test it on the car but I assume if it isn't showing up in the launcher on the phone then it won't show up in the car either. 

Anyone have a fix ? Thanks. 

On 7/26/2022 at 5:08 AM, Fakex said:

Well, since AA stopped working on the mobile device, it may be a reason that first you have to connect it with a car.

Which Version of AA do you use?

I never said AA stopped working....I said Poweramp is no longer showing in the AA launcher on my mobile. I am using the latest version of AA. 

On 7/27/2022 at 5:00 PM, maxmp said:

@Shortman AA works just fine for Play installed builds of Poweramp, but if you installed it from other sources, you may need to enable Unknown sources in Auto developer settings.

I downloaded Poweramp from the official website and have a valid licence. It used to show in the AA launcher but has just disappeared. 

• Solution
1 hour ago, Shortman said:

I downloaded Poweramp from the official website and have a valid licence. It used to show in the AA launcher but has just disappeared. 

What @maxmp said was, "if you installed it from other sources, you may need to enable Unknown sources in Auto developer settings." So since you installed from the website and Not Google Play, you will need to enable Unknown Sources in the AA section of the Android Settings, Developer menu.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, MotleyG said:

What @maxmp said was, "if you installed it from other sources, you may need to enable Unknown sources in Auto developer settings." So since you installed from the website and Not Google Play, you will need to enable Unknown Sources in the AA section of the Android Settings, Developer menu.

Thank you so much....this worked !!

• 1 year later...

Have right now the same problem: Poweramp does not appear in the launcher. I tried the workaround above but not solved.

I can start the app on the phone, music is immediatly in the car via bluetooth.Sometimes the app appears on the screen and the other day,- there is nothing.

I tried almost everything, installed android auto new, also Poweramp,- but no success.

Using this:

Version Info ======================

Build: Poweramp build-981-uni full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-308
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: Xiaomi 23021RAA2Y bengal topaz topaz_eea [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.xiaomi.mipicks (30.8.5.1)
Android: 13 Redmi/topaz_eea/topaz:13/TKQ1.221114.001/V14.0.12.0.TMGEUXM:user/release-keys de_DE

Anybody an Idea how to solve that ?

Thanks in advance

Ben