Install - Action Not Allowed (Huawei app)

CoastMtns

I shelved my old personal phone when my organization provided a new phone. I transferred apps including Poweramp and the Unlocker onto the new phone by downloading the apps. Of course when I start the unlocker I get the “thank you for your purchase”. I assumed everything was good until a couple of weeks later I realized Poweramp was still a trial on my new phone. Perhaps I had originally purchased through the Poweramp Website so I attempted to download the website version, install. My phone will not allow me to install the app as it is offered through Huawei on the website, and thus a security violation.

I downloaded the unlocker and App through the Play store, but my unlocker will work only with the Huawei app? So am I out of luck or does Poweramp offer a work around?

Thank you

So, your employee provided device was a Huawei, and they're worried about security and not letting you download apps from Huawei store?

You need to purchase a direct license from Poweramp itself (see HERE), which is separate license from that which you already have through google play. If google play store and google play services are not installed on your device, the unlocker app purchased on google play cannot "phone home" and validate your license, there.

Edited by Fitzian
added link to paypro direct license

@CoastMtns If you originally purchased Poweramp and the Unlocker app from the Goole Play Store, you can reinstall them on your new devices if you have the Play Store installed and are using the same Google account. This will not be the case for Huawei devices as they are not allowed to be sold with preinstalled Google products. You can purchase the app again from the Huawei App Gallery though, if you are not able to sideload Google services to your new device.

If you originally purchased Poweramp directly from the PA website, you can use that same licence on your new device. This will revoke the licenced status on your old device, but if you no longer use it that won't be an issue. You must download and install the APK file from the website though for the emailed licence validation to work, neither Play Store nor Huawei App Gallery downloads will work with a website-purchased licence.

Andre

@andrewilley Sorry, I was not clear my new device does not allow for the installation of Huawei apps, I now have a Samsung S20

From what I take from answer, there is no way my non Play store unlocker purchase can be applied to a Play Store app, I will need to repurchase if I choose to use Poweramp

3 hours ago, CoastMtns said:

@andrewilley Sorry, I was not clear my new device does not allow for the installation of Huawei apps, I now have a Samsung S20

From what I take from answer, there is no way my non Play store unlocker purchase can be applied to a Play Store app, I will need to repurchase if I choose to use Poweramp

Okay, I'm sorry for initial misunderstanding, so on your old phone, you had purchased player and unlocker via huawei app store? And now your employer provided a samsung s20, which does have google play store and services.

Your situation is the opposite to what most users on the forum post about!

In your case, I think you'll have to repurchase a license through Google Play or direct license through website (whichever is cheaper or least inconvenient for you).