Updating all Artist/Album art at once

PA only tries to download artwork when it is asked to display something (for example by opening a particular list) for which there is no existing image. To try to download everything in one go could become a hugely wasteful process in terms of slowing down device performance and network usage.

You do know you can bring existing cached images over from your previous setup don't you? PA Settings=>Export/Import Settings/Data.

Andre

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

PA only tries to download artwork when it is asked to display something (for example by opening a particular list) for which there is no existing image. To try to download everything in one go could become a hugely wasteful process in terms of slowing down device performance and network usage.

You do know you can bring existing cached images over from your previous setup don't you? PA Settings=>Export/Import Settings/Data.

Andre

Hey Andre, thank you for the response.

Now I know, but if I'm on Wifi and have a charger nearby, it would be simpler and quicker for me to just download all in one go over 10-20 minutes. 

So that if I don't have access to a good connection, I can have art for albums that I haven't opened up. 

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, andrewilley said:

Andre

Heya Andre. I wanna re-request this feature. Because the app doesn't reliably download music art when opening artists/albums. I have albums that don't have art even though they've been open several times already.  

I'm fine with loading my network and slowing down the device while it's downloading all the art. 

• 1 month later...

Honestly, if that's something you have to deal with more often, you should just get a tag editor and imbed the artwork in your files. You do that once (and you can use the images PA already downloaded for you, they're in Android/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/files/selected_aa) and then you'll never have to deal with this again.