Remember Position

this is a weird one, but i was wondering if it's possible for a "remember position" in a category would be possible, i.e. maybe a button near the shuffle, select, search and play buttons, the button would play the last song played on that category, for example, if i am listening to "all songs" and i switch to "recently added", then when i go back to "all songs", i can play the song i last played with the same playing queue... and also an option to customize the shuffle, select, search and play buttons, thank you... 

13 hours ago, GeilerHeinz said:

I would also appreciate the option to store list position in all songs lists of the different categories genre, album artist etc.

Regards

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20646-store-list-position-in-all-genre-songs-list/

Tem como sim!! Li sobre esse link que você mandou e é basicamente o que eu faço!! Basta ativar essas opções que mandei nas fotos e apenas tocar na última música que você parou. Funciona para "todas as músicas" e "melhores classificadas" também! Já para playlists aí sim precisa ativar a "posição da lista"

I think Max has said in the past that he could implement those two List Memory tickboxes in other Categories too - beyond the current List Options for folders and playlists - so hopefully its already somewhere on his to-do list.

14 hours ago, João Pedro Dias said:

Just activate these options I sent in the photos and just play the last song you stopped. Works for "all songs" and "top rated" too!

All your screenshots are in Spanish, so it's hard to work out what you are suggesting (browser translation only works well on plain text) but no, the List Options=>List Memory=>List Position feature is currently only available in Folders and Playlists categories, not All Songs, Top Rated, etc.

@maxmp a little request of my own on this subject. I think the List Position memory would be a bit more useful if it returned to the last-playing song at its last-played position, rather than going back to the start of the track again. This should happen regardless of whether the wider Per-Track Progress option is enabled.

Usage case: when listening to an Audiobook with multiple tracks for chapters, you would want to return exactly to your previous listening position within the current chapter, but without also having every other chapter in the book that you may have dipped into in the past also starting part-way through (unless you actually chose that as an option anyway). So you should be able to do this by just enabling 'List Position' memory, but disabling 'Per-Track Progress'. A minor tweak, but it would make List Position memory much more useful generally.

Andre

On 7/3/2022 at 1:45 AM, GeilerHeinz said:

@João Pedro Dias I'm aware of the option to store list position in playlists and folder category.

What I'm missing is the exactly same option in the category all songs and the all songs lists of other categories like genre, album artists etc.

Regards 

Screenshot_20220703-064327_Poweramp.jpg

Entendi, nesse caso realmente não sei como fazer 😕

On 7/3/2022 at 5:26 AM, andrewilley said:

I think Max has said in the past that he could implement those two List Memory tickboxes in other Categories too - beyond the current List Options for folders and playlists - so hopefully its already somewhere on his to-do list.

All your screenshots are in Spanish, so it's hard to work out what you are suggesting (browser translation only works well on plain text) but no, the List Options=>List Memory=>List Position feature is currently only available in Folders and Playlists categories, not All Songs, Top Rated, etc.

@maxmp a little request of my own on this subject. I think the List Position memory would be a bit more useful if it returned to the last-playing song at its last-played position, rather than going back to the start of the track again. This should happen regardless of whether the wider Per-Track Progress option is enabled.

Usage case: when listening to an Audiobook with multiple tracks for chapters, you would want to return exactly to your previous listening position within the current chapter, but without also having every other chapter in the book that you may have dipped into in the past also starting part-way through (unless you actually chose that as an option anyway). So you should be able to do this by just enabling 'List Position' memory, but disabling 'Per-Track Progress'. A minor tweak, but it would make List Position memory much more useful generally.

Andre

Verdade, amigo. Esqueci de mudar o idioma do Poweramp para o inglês ao fazer os screenshots e foi tudo em português (BR), me passei nessa haha 🤦🏽‍♂️