Poweramp doesn't work with android auto

I just downloaded Poweramp and wanted to use in my car with Android Auto. The icon appears in the launcher, but when I press the button a message says, that the app is not ready. 

At the moment I use the demo version 939. Could this be the reason? 

I'm looking forward to your answer. 

The Trial status make no difference, it is merely a time limit, otherwise Poweramp is fully functional.

Are you using Poweramp on a phone that you are connecting to a car head-unit via an Android Auto interface on the head-unit, or are you installing PA directly onto an Android head-unit? Device and ROM details would help too.

Andre

Thanks for your response 

I have a xiaomi MT 10t lite, android 12.
I installed Poweramp directly on the mobile phone. The mobile phone is connected with a USB cable in the car.
I find it strange that the icon is displayed but the app cannot be operated in the car. 

You should launch Poweramp from the head-unit's media options, should be no need to touch the phone at all. I used it for about six hours yesterday on two long drives, and it worked perfectly the whole time. (Samsung Android 11, USB cable to car)

You can also run AA on your phone as an app to see if it appears that way too.

Andre

I tried it a few times yesterday. 
I don't use/run AA on my mobile phone. It's "just installed". I use AA exclusively on my car launcher. 
The Poweramp icon appears in the AA launcher of the car. But when I press it, a message comes up that Poweramp is not ready.
When I start Poweramp on the phone, it runs. But the AA display does not show any info and no control sound.
Sometimes it does work. But the next time, the message that there is a problem with Poweramp comes up again.
I can't see any regularity.
I have granted all permissions and cannot explain where the error lies. 

Edited by CarlFredricksen

I have now purchased Poweramp.
When I open Android Auto in the car, the Poweramp button appears, when I press it, it doesn't get any better than with the trial version: a message comes up that Poweramp doesn't seem to be ready.
Sometimes it works when I press "Play" on my phone. Then the control buttons appear in AA in the car and I can manage Poweramp with the car launcher.
But today that didn't help either. I was able to start the music from the phone, but Poweramp was not operable from AA in the car, because no buttons appeared. 
Only after I unplugged the USB cable and then plugged it back in it did work.
The unpleasant thing is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, so you can't narrow down the error.

The Trial version of Poweramp is fully functional, purchasing only removes the time limit, otherwise the app is exactly the same.

I wonder if you are experiencing an issue that I used to see many versions of PA and AA ago, where leaving Poweramp in a paused state for more than about 90 seconds would somehow disconnect it from AA?

Could you try playing something when you first connect PA to the AA system. If that works, pause and restart playback to check the controls work, and then leave it paused for a couple of minutes and press Play again and see if you then get the "not ready" error message. Here's a photo of what I would see about a year and a half ago:

image.png

Andre

I have now purchased Poweramp.
When I open Android Auto in the car, the Poweramp button appears, when I press it, it doesn't get any better than with the trial version: a message comes up that Poweramp doesn't seem to be ready.
Sometimes it works when I press "Play" on my phone. Then the control buttons appear in AA in the car and I can manage Poweramp with the car launcher.
But today that didn't help either. I was able to start the music from the phone, but Poweramp was not operable from AA in the car, because no buttons appeared. 
Only after I unplugged the USB cable and then plugged it back in it did work.
The unpleasant thing is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, so you can't narrow down the error.I have now given it a try. Before connecting the mobile phone to the car, I started PA briefly, then paused it again. Then I connected it to the car via USB - and the controls were there.
Of course, it would be nice if it worked without this intermediate step. Above all, I would be interested to know why it doesn't work without this step. 

I have now tried it a few more times.
At the beginning, the controls were not displayed. At that point, the last use was 2 days ago. When I start on the mobile phone, the sound comes over the car speakers and at some point the buttons appear.
After a break of about 2 hours, I connected the mobile phone again and the buttons appeared quite quickly.
Maybe the car and mobile phone are now slowly getting used to each other 😁

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a problem with Poweramp & Android Auto.  I am in a new 2022 Peugeot 308.  I had Poweramp working fine in a LG V20 that I use as a car phone.  The audio out was screwed up so I migrated it to another "new" V20 I had laying around.  Now Poweramp is not showing up in Android Auto.  Any suggestions?

ADDED:  Problem resolved when the "new" V20 updated firmware to latest (2019 - it's an old phone).  Have to say I really miss the V20 - can't use it in USA as it doesn't support VoLTE which I need for TMobile - it's got a great DAC, dedicated dual-SIM, dedicated microSD slot & replaceable battery.  Relative to those characteristics, cell phones have gone backward since.