Hard embed downloaded Album art into song

You can do this with an external tag editor (I think New Playlist Manager does it too?) but not currently within Poweramp.

The same applies to writing Ratings back to audio files.

Both have been requested in the past, but there have been concerns about possible file corruption and playback glitching issues.

Andre

I love editing my tags from within Poweramp (although I have an external audio tag editor (Kid3)) because it's quick and convenient. Poweramp's ability to access and write to the external SD storage is also an added advantage over most of the recent and popular tag editors.

The problem with this is:

1. The downloaded album art is not embedded to the audio file.

2. The filename can't be edited.

3. It's impossible to add & embed lyrics to the audio file.

4. Lack of more tag editing options for example release date, lyrics author, producers, copyrights e.t.c.

I noticed this issue with Poweramp, the lack of tag-editing "capability".. I think? where all of the edits are in Poweramp only, when other app uses the audio file, the tag is still the old one, like it's not permanent.

it is convenient to be able to edit the song's tag from the player itself and have it changed permanently, but I see this issue has been a long one with Poweramp, even since before the v3 redesign with no sign of fixing.

at this point I already give up lol, I'd point out some other music player app with working tags but I don't know if it's against the forum's rules or not, besides I always find myself get back to Poweramp anyway. I always set the tag properly on my PC using mp3tag before transferring it to my phone, and if it's a file already on phone, I'm using AutomaTag.

Edited by monkeybutt

35 minutes ago, monkeybutt said:

I always set the tag properly on my PC using mp3tag before transferring it to my phone

This is generally the suggested method anyhow. But if such is the case there is no need to have any kind of enhanced metadata editor within Poweramp. There are plenty of threads here outlining the reasons why the developer chooses not to try to manipulate mass file changes. Plus the fact that syncing any changes made on a device back to the original storage library is even more likely to be a challenge.

If you do edit a tag in Poweramp, and then Save that change, it should be written back to the audio file (if possible) and other apps should see that change next time they access the tag contents. Issues like file formats and write permissions all could affect the success of this though.

Andre

If your music library is organized Root\Music\Artist\Album, I bet renaming (adding an underscore to) the album folder for multiple track edits or the file name for single edits, would make other music apps replace the previous entry for those files with the ones having their tags corrected in Poweramp.

Would this mess up playlists if that matters to you? Probably. 💁

1 hour ago, Fitzian said:

If your music library is organized Root\Music\Artist\Album, I bet renaming (adding an underscore to) the album folder for multiple track edits or the file name for single edits, would make other music apps replace the previous entry for those files with the ones having their tags corrected in Poweramp.

And how do these edits make their way back to your original library? I think adding the underscore would either duplicate files, or have them get "lost" during any sync process.

1 hour ago, MotleyG said:

And how do these edits make their way back to your original library? I think adding the underscore would either duplicate files, or have them get "lost" during any sync process.

If the non-underscored folder does not exist… it’s culled from the library when performing a rescan and the underscored folder is added in turn.

I’m all for just using Mp3tag/kid3 to edit tags en masse. Any time I had a tag to change and wanted to enforce the tag change when those files were already scanned in to any app’s music library (PA, NMP, UAPP), renaming the folder with an added underscore never resulted in duplicates or missing files.

But I don’t care about protecting (my non-existent) playlists from effects of such location alterations.

Edited by Fitzian

On 6/11/2022 at 2:44 AM, andrewilley said:

You can do this with an external tag editor (I think New Playlist Manager does it too?) but not currently within Poweramp.

The same applies to writing Ratings back to audio files.

Both have been requested in the past, but there have been concerns about possible file corruption and playback glitching issues.

Andre

@andrewilley Do you by any chance know of Poweramp add-ons for tag editing and playlist management? If yes, please provide a list and give your review if possible. 

Thanks.