Songs with changed tags appear as "Recently Added"

1 hour ago, anchorsense said:

I've noticed that changing tags on a song makes it appear in the "Recently Added" list. At least for me, that's not what I would expect.

Were these tags changed from within Poweramp? If not, then when the scanner finds files with a newer "Modified Date" they will be considered recently added.

Yes, that is what happens and I don't like it,  and  don't think it can be changed.

You know, like every other music player, Poweramp also identify songs (files) by their tags, so if a tag is edited, it is seen as a new file.

Bencherished 

5 minutes ago, anchorsense said:

@MotleyG  I did change the tags from within Poweramp actually

I don't think I have noticed this behaviour before, but then again I rarely make metadata edits from Poweramp as it is very challenging to sync back to my main library at home. I just tried making an edit with one track (changing the track name), and it did not get added to my Recently added playlist. But I then did a Rescan of my library (just a Rescan, and NOT a Full Rescan), and sure enough now that track is at the top of the Recently Added playlist.

@maxmp I would think this should be more accurately described as a "Recently Changed" playlist, when only the tag info has been updated on a file that existed in the library before. A playlist for "Recently Added" should only contain those files considered complete "new" to Poweramp's library. But there is no such preprogrammed playlist at this time. Perhaps this can be addressed in a future update?

I agree with @MotleyG. I do all tagging on my PC since that's where my master music library lives. Using MP3Tag with this setting preserves the date of the files so they don't show up as recently added. I guess it would be nice to have an option in PA to also preserve dates when editing tags from within PA.

Tag.jpg.47348163e72c8196522fefe0851f0fb5.jpg

18 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

Using MP3Tag with this setting preserves the date of the files so they don't show up as recently added. I guess it would be nice to have an option in PA to also preserve dates when editing tags from within PA.

@w3wilkes I used to have this mp3tag option enabled as well. Unfortunately this fails to have the tags updated in Poweramp, as well as most other players, with a standard refresh (Rescan) of the library. With no change to the file's modified date, the players don't know that anything was actually changed. In PA, the only way to force this update is to run a Full Rescan. Which basically wipes the original library info and starts over. Not ideal at least in my case. I think ultimately the Recently Added default playlist in PA needs to work with the Created Date only, not the Modified Date of the file.

6 hours ago, anchorsense said:

I've noticed that changing tags on a song makes it appear in the "Recently Added" list. At least for me, that's not what I would expect.

How have you got the 'Recently Added' list sorted? By Date Added to Library, or By Date Added/Modified (i.e. filesystem date) ? How many items have you got set to be displayed? (Both in List Options for that category)

Andre

40 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

How have you got the 'Recently Added' list sorted? By Date Added to Library, or By Date Added/Modified (i.e. filesystem date) ? How many items have you got set to be displayed? (Both in List Options for that category)

Well isn't that just swell! I had mine set for 200 max items, but the sort was set to "By date added/modified" using the filesystem info. I have now changed it to "By date added to the library" and it is back to what I expected. I don't know what the default setting should be, but this is exactly what I would expect it to be as a playlist for "Recently Added" tracks. Is there any way to duplicate this Library List so that a different combination of max count and sort options can be applied and kept? This is the closest PA has to a "Smart" playlist feature so far. A "Recently Changed" list would be one I would add.