How can I disable the automatic notification of Poweramp in the notification area after each restart even though the app wasn't opened?

Pluviophile
Go to solution Solved by maxmp,

Version Info ======================
Build: Poweramp build-939-bundle-play full verified cached
Store: Play
Unlocker: build-302
Arch: 64
Skin: ActivityTheme_Black
Device: samsung SM-G970U msmnile beyond0q beyond0qltesq [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]
Installer: com.android.vending (30.6.16-21 [0] [PR] 448548437)
Android: 12 samsung/beyond0qltesq/beyond0q:12/SP1A.210812.016/G970USQU6IVC7:user/release-keys en_US

4 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

A12 must have a media player assigned and launches it at boot. I don’t know how it picks which player though. 

What does that mean for my question? ...that there's no way to disable it?

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

As I said, it's an OS 'feature', you would need to get it removed at an Android level (so by Google, Samsung, etc).

Andre

What part of what I said had you repeat your response? I get that it's an android feature. I asked you if you know how to disable it on android 12.

21 minutes ago, Pluviophile said:

What does that mean for my question? ...that there's no way to disable it?

Correct, this was a choice made for you by Google as they continue to try to become more like the other brand with the high garden walls.

1 minute ago, MotleyG said:

Correct, this was a choice made for you by Google as they continue to try to become more like the other brand with the high garden walls.

Oh, that sucks.

Thank you.

Edited by Pluviophile

1 minute ago, Pluviophile said:

Oh, that sucks.

Yes, but not as much as the forced scoped storage method that prevents users from accessing storage devices as they have been able to do since the very beginning. But apparently now we need to be told what files we want to access and how the store them by Google as well. And apps can’t access them if we don’t comply with a very limited focus. Now that sucks!

54 minutes ago, Pluviophile said:

What part of what I said had you repeat your response?

The part where you repeated the question again.

At risk of repeating myself again, it is a feature that is baked into recent versions of Android. It is not optional, there is no Android setting to change it - I wish there was! They insist that some application is always considered the current audio player, and on reboot that app gets added to the Status Notifications area for the user's 'convenience'. If enough people complain to Google/Samsung/etc they might reverse it though, or at least provide an option. But otherwise there is nothing any individual player app can do about it.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

The part where you repeated the question again.

At risk of repeating myself again, it is a feature that is baked into recent versions of Android. It is not optional, there is no Android setting to change it - I wish there was! They insist that some application is always considered the current audio player, and on reboot that app gets added to the Status Notifications area for the user's 'convenience'. If enough people complain to Google/Samsung/etc they might reverse it though, or at least provide an option. But otherwise there is nothing any individual player app can do about it.

Andre

You are not repeating anything. You just presented a vital brand new information.

"That is an Android 'feature' that Google (or is it Samsung?) introduced fairly recently. On my device, Blackplayer gets the dubious benefit of this unwanted functionality after each reboot. It needs changing at an OS level."

Where in here did you talk about this feature being baked into and not being optional? I don't live by Android, or phones, or whatever technology you guys are so into. I'm an average user. That's why, I thought maybe it's a feature that can be disabled. And I asked the question whether you know how to disable it. Then came your condescending reply:

As I said, it's an OS 'feature', you would need to get it removed at an Android level (so by Google, Samsung, etc).

...which also says nothing about the feature not being optional.

Explain yourself better in the future, guy.

Edited by Pluviophile

• Solution

@Pluviophile while that notification media area is now "backed in" in Android 11+ (and Samsung further modified this), you still has some control over it with Poweramp notification settings and system global options:

- system: you can completely disable Poweramp notification.

- Poweramp: Look and Feel / Notifications:

• Notification type: Media with custom color (+ may be White colors for the dark theme) will transform notification to the "normal" one
  • Keep Notification (off by default) - if off, media notification immediately removed if player paused. If enabled, media notification stays

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@Pluviophile while that notification media area is now "backed in" in Android 11+ (and Samsung further modified this), you still has some control over it with Poweramp notification settings and system global options:

- system: you can completely disable Poweramp notification.

- Poweramp: Look and Feel / Notifications:

• Notification type: Media with custom color (+ may be White colors for the dark theme) will transform notification to the "normal" one
  • Keep Notification (off by default) - if off, media notification immediately removed if player paused. If enabled, media notification stays

Thanks. I disabled Poweramp notifications all together from the system. This time it showed me soundcloud's notification. :) ahh, i tried. anyway, thank you.

40 minutes ago, Pluviophile said:

I disabled Poweramp notifications all together from the system. This time it showed me soundcloud's notification. 

I had a nagging feeling that might happen, which is why I was wary of suggesting it to start with. That, and it seems like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to completely remove the whole notification feature (which you may still want when actually using Poweramp) when you can simply swipe the annoying initial Android-created notification away after a reboot.

You could try then disabling notifications for Soundcloud, and keep going for each new media application that Android settles on after a reboot - but again, is it worth it for losing that functionality completely?

As an interesting side-note as I mentioned earlier, my phone (Samsung, Android 11) settles on Blackplayer (which I keep on my device for cross-testing purposes) as its preferred media application. I uninstalled that, expecting Android to then settle on PA or some other media app after the next reboot, but for some reason it now doesn't show any media notification at all. I have no explanation why though, as I do have Notifications enabled in PA. (I have Keep Media Resume Notification turned off though, so it might be related to that... Max?)

[Edit: Yes, turning off PA Settings=>Look and Feel=>Notifications=>Keep Media Resume Notification seems to do the trick without disabling all notifications for PA]

Andre