Set "stop on the last song..." as default

Hi there,

I want PA to stop playing after all songs of one album are played.

So I toggle the options to "stop on the last song in category" in the homescreen of the player.

When restarting PA this option is always set to "jump to the first song in next category" and I have to toggle it again manually.

Is it possible to set my chosen option as default?

Thanx for help.

When you set the Repeat mode to 'Off' (which basically means 'Play Current Category then stop') PA should stay that way until you next manually change the mode again. Choosing a new song, or using the Play or Shuffle icons at the top of song lists, should not override the 'Off' setting.

Any chosen mode should be remembered even after exiting the player and/or rebooting your device - as long as you do it cleanly rather than just force-closing the app. Is it returning to 'Advance Category' for you after a restart (basically meaning 'Repeat All Categories')? If so, it sounds like app data is not getting saved correctly when you exit.

Andre

Is there anothery way to set the Repeat-Mode to "off" in the settings than in the homescreen (or in the widget)?

I never change the mode during using PA and close the app or shut down the device normally.

So maybe there ist a issue with the app data.

btw: a big THANX for your quick and professional help!! It took me like ages to get an answer when sending a mail to the official support...

1 hour ago, Fakex said:

Is there anothery way to set the Repeat-Mode to "off" in the settings than in the homescreen (or in the widget)?

Not that I can think of (short of designing something in Tasker/etc to use the remote control API). There shouldn't be any need to, as it's meant to stay once set. The app's installation default is Advance Category, so it moves seamlessly through your whole music library unless you tell it otherwise.

So to be clear - if you are listening to music with the Repeat icon set to Off, and you pause/stop playback and tap on the Home or Back buttons to return you to your Android system screen and you get on with other things... when you next launch Poweramp by tapping on the homescreen, or app list, icon, you are saying the Repeat icon has now changed back to Advance Category? And when this happens, does PA still remember the song you were last playing and its playback position, or is that information lost too?

Andre

I checked it again.

PA remembers the song and position. If my last album is at it's end it stopped right at the end of the last song.

When I open PA again to choose another album to play (by browsing through my folders), tap on an album and start playing, I always have to toggle the repeat mode to "stop in the last song..."

That is a special case that mostly only applies to Folders Hierarchy mode (you didn't mention that originally, you said you wanted to stop after one album). When you use the 'Play' icon at the top of a Folders Hierarchy list, you need to remember that the list could contain a mixture of both songs and folders - so the Advance Category mode is needed to ensure that everything (all the songs and any subfolders) gets played and playback does not stop at the end of the first folder it found. However if you simply tap on a song title, playback will start from there without changing the Repeat mode - but any subfolders won't be played.

This feature can be disabled using PA Settings=>Library=>Lists=>No Advance Category for Folders.

Andre

Hi Andre,

i have a folder for every genre (Pop, Electro etc..) and within a folder for each album. Didn't know that that effects the behaviour. I will try to play the album after disableling the advance category.

Thanx for your help

7 hours ago, Fakex said:

i have a folder for every genre (Pop, Electro etc..) and within a folder for each album. Didn't know that that effects the behaviour. I will try to play the album after disableling the advance category.

The library browser will sort by genre/artist/album etc for you as well, even though it sounds like your directory structure is well organized. The library works as simple as the folder browser (I know many people prefer this method, but it has it's limits within the app). However the benefit to using the PA library browser is the additional sorting and playback benefits such as the repeat and shuffle modes. Plus for those with a "less organized" folder structure get to have a decent browsing experience this way as well.

7 hours ago, Fakex said:

i have a folder for every genre (Pop, Electro etc..) and within a folder for each album.

That's fine, you can organise your folders any way you want. But Folders Hierarchy is an unusual category in that any level can contain a mixture of both files and further subfolders - there is no such concept as a 'bottom' layer which can contain only song files. Thus if you use the top 'Play' icon, by default it enables the Advance Category mode so playback will continue beyond just the first folder's contents. If you instead tap on a specific song though (not using the top shortcut icon) it won't change the Repeat mode - but it also won't continue on to play any subfolders of course.

If you use plain Folders mode (which is a flattened list, so any given folder is guaranteed to contain only files, no further subfolders) that doesn't need to happen and the Repeat mode won't change.

Anyway, it's easy enough to change via the settings control that I mentioned earlier.

Andre