Albumcover not showing on Android Auto

Fakex

Hi there,

i'd like to use Poweramp on my car-mediasystem via android auto.

I'm using a Motorola One Zoom with Android 10 and Poweramp is unlocked.

When I'm starting Poweramp on the AA musicplayer no cover is shown. The covers are tagged within the mp3-Files.

I tried to switch the API-Button in the settings, but there is still no cover showing.

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanx in advance

Check the following:

PA Settings=>Album Art=>Always Send Album Art
PA Settings=>Misc=>Android Auto: Album Art for Tracks

[Edit]

Also you may need to enable PA Settings=>Lock Screen=>Album Art

It works fine for me with those options enabled anyway (Samsung phone and a Hyundai AA head unit).

Andre

PA stops (as in crashes/closes) or simply playback pauses?

Check PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands to see what commands are being issued by the AA device. Sometimes these devices send a Play/Pause command (which is a toggle event) so if PA has already started playing, another Play/Pause event could cause it to stop.

Andre

It just pauses and I have to push the "Play"-button on my car head unit (sorry for the incorrect description).

You are right - a Play/Pause-Command was sent via BT. But I think this was because the mobile device was unlocked and get locked again after start playing.

So I guess I can handle this issue.

But still no cover showing 😉 - Other players work fine with covers (Pulsar, Musicolet, Neutron)

Turn off all the auto-play features on both the head-unit and Poweramp. Then when you are ready to listen, tap the play button. Or if you want it to auto-play, juggle the options on both devices as the headunit is currently clashing with the fact that PA playback has already been started. There are discrete PLAY and PAUSE commands available which are not ambiguous, but a lot of devices just send PLAY/PAUSE toggle commands instead.

Artwork should work, but compatibility between different devices is not always reliable. Is your connection fully wireless, or phone connected to the car via USB cable? @maxmpmight be able to help more.

Andre

I will try the mentioned options and see if it effects the play/pause-behaviour.

As I mentioned before, albumcover works with other players so maybe there is a clash within the options of PA.

Normaly, my car has wired AA but I am using the AAwireless-Dongle.

• 3 weeks later...

So - after a while I finally managed it, that the covers are shown...and it was that simple.

I came across an older thread here, where another member had the same problem. The solution was: Turn on "Show album covers on lock screen".

Maybe there are too much options in PA, so that it's not always that clear which effects another one 😉